i'm going to get a new cpu cooler any help?

hi i'm going to buy a new cpu cooler... i just have the stock one on now from my e6600 cpu.

this is my first build heres the specs:

raidmax smilodon gaming case--- which is weird cause its got a fan blowing out of the case right over the cpu cooler fan which is trying to blow it down on the the cpu so i think is not cooling it right.

intel E6600
Kingston HyperX 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400)
80 GB ata hard drive (going to replace with a 320 SATA when i get money)
Ati x300 (going to replace with an 8800 probley evga)
evga 680i SE sli mobo n63 tr
a old dvd rom drive

i feel like i'm forgetting something i believe this case fan is in a bad spot there are 2 fans right by the cpu
the one on right on top of it is blowing out of the case which i think is takeing away from the cpu cooler fan which is trying to blow the air on top of the cpu. please help

in my vnidia monitor the temp is 43c for the cpu at idle
and 37c for system at idle
3 answers Last reply
More about cooler help
  1. wow it just went up to 47c now =( there is a stock paste on the cpu when u get it right? lol sorry first time builder
  2. You should have one fan blowing into the case and one as an exhaust, depending on when you pc is (by a wall, under a desk, etc) get your fans pointing the right way.

make sure than your hs is mounted really tight (you should not really be able to wiggle to stock cooler round)
  3. Depends on how much you want to spend.... the Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro is good for it's realtively low price, but if money is no object then a thermalright ultra 120 or ultra 120 extreme, or tuniq tower. Just make sure they'll fit in your case before you order! :)
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Cooling Product