Sign in with
Your question

Dsn problem

Last response: in Windows XP
November 12, 2009 11:06:37 PM

I keep getting dsn is missing what do I do?

More about : dsn problem

November 13, 2009 3:31:40 AM

You are connected in a LAN or directly to internet.
November 13, 2009 4:42:57 AM

saint19 said:
You are connected in a LAN or directly to internet.

It is thru cable modem so I think that means lan line. I am trying to help a friend, they can not access the internet since this message came up, and I am familiar with quite a bit about computers, but this is a new one for me, can you help, I would be forever greatful.
Related resources
November 13, 2009 12:20:08 PM

Ok, if the computer is at home, isn't a LAN.

Try with this two command first in CMD:

1- ipconfig /flushdns do 2 or 3 times and after this, continuo with this:
2- ipconfig /registerdns only one time.

If the problem continuous, is better that call to the ISP (Internet service provider), 'cause the DNS is the server that assigns the IP automatically to all PCs for this PCs can surf the web.
November 13, 2009 7:08:51 PM

saint19 said:
Ok, if the computer is at home, isn't a LAN.

Try with this two command first in CMD:

1- ipconfig /flushdns do 2 or 3 times and after this, continuo with this:
2- ipconfig /registerdns only one time.

If the problem continuous, is better that call to the ISP (Internet service provider), 'cause the DNS is the server that assigns the IP automatically to all PCs for this PCs can surf the web.

What is CMD can you give me this in english, I am familiar with alot on a comuter but not this and I am lost here. Thanks so much
November 13, 2009 7:24:39 PM

jejeje sorry.

Start, run, write CMD and in the command prompt (the black window) write the commands that i said before.
November 15, 2009 12:08:36 AM

saint19 said:
jejeje sorry.

Start, run, write CMD and in the command prompt (the black window) write the commands that i said before.

is this the same for dsn problem, this says dns and the problem is dsn
November 15, 2009 12:27:15 AM

Data source name, the problem is that keeping lost connection with the source, maybe 'cause the OBDC reject the authentication of the user.
!