Wireless Headphones + XFI ?

G

Im tempted to buy an xfi extreme-music because of all the positive reviews about them and how bad onboard sound is. I use a pair of Phillips wireless headphones (SBC HC8852) which have served me well for 3 years and hopefully will for some time to come, my question is would i get the same bump up in quality as people who use wired headphones do? Im just curious to know what the effect would be as i realise wireless wont have the quality as wired...

Since i have misplaced the manual i cant really give any detailed specs apart from these from the internet:

100m max range
10-22000hz frequency range
Volume control
Up to 15 hours operating time
100dB sensitivity

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

G

Id love to hear any answers/opinions regarding this as id like to order it soon unless there is a huge problem:p

RizzyWho

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2006
wired>wireless

everyone would love to go wireless but it doesnt match up to wired. Your bound to lose quality and speed.

(Using a wireless mouse atm lol hipercrit <--- dads pc tbh)

G

wired>wireless

everyone would love to go wireless but it doesnt match up to wired. Your bound to lose quality and speed.

(Using a wireless mouse atm lol hipercrit <--- dads pc tbh)

but am i likely to get a large boost from using the xfi, even with the wireless headphones?

RizzyWho

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2006
boost of what? the speed?

say you are traveling on a road at 100mph, you hit a toll road and have to drive at 50mph the rest of the way!

Thats ur pc to ur wireless headphones, that also why it loses quality because you are trying to push 100mph down a 50mph road if ya get me... just aint gonna happen. Id suggest getin a wired pair of headphones for gaming and use your wireless ones for media!

much love :)

G

i meant a boost in quality? or does the wireless bottleneck it somewhat rendering a nice soundcard useless compared to using the onboard?