Need Help Guys...

yay

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2007
Hey, i just bought a XFI card for my rig (Xtreme Gamer). But it crashes in ALL Ea games, fine in Counterstrike source Dark messiah, HL2, HL2ep1, ONLY in Ea games. NO idea why guys, ive looked all afternoon and cant find a answer, my pc is heavily Overclocked but ive already rulled that out as the problem. The Crash is a hard freeze, screen goes black, the sound continues for a second then, hard freeze. While the sound continues so does the readouts on my G15 keyboard so it doesnt seem the pc is frozen as of then. I get error messages but no BSOD, all drivers are latest. onboard sound is disabled.

Anyway any help is appreciated.

yay

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2007
Hey, ive already tried every PCI slot, just doesnt make sense it doesnt work in EA games , i read somewhere that its EA's fault, wouldnt suprise me, but today it did the same thing in doom3.

Strange, also how many other users cant get XFI enabled on bf2 and 2142?
has it been fixed in a patch?

EricLegge

Distinguished
May 19, 2006
I take it that you've visited EA's site to look for patches?

How far into the affected games does play go until the problem occurs?

Have you tested your memory?

Thunderfox

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2006
If you get error messages, what do they say? Which OS are you using?

You might check the system event log to see if it lists anything suspicious.

Also, you should probably post your complete system specs. Maybe somebody will notice an incompatibility.

You don't mention whether you're overclocking your system or not but the X-FI can get funky with RAM settings too high, so if you are OCing, try dropping down to default settings and see if the problem disappears, if it does then you know where to start to solve your problem, and whats causing it.

yay

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2007
Thanks guys its good to have some help. Well,its a rather old pc, X800XT @ 550:1150; (754pin) 3000+ @ 2.2ghz; Soltek mobo (cheapish one) EDIT: oh yeah, my rams 2gb corsair XMS ddr400 (best of the time :) ) timings are still standard i think, although my soltek mobo does revert to 3 3 3 4 i think, il go look, i used to run on 2 2 2 4, but then my Gigabyte mobo died with my PSU one day.

Error messages are standard windows has encountered an error but it says the error was in a unknown module. Im using XP SP2, EAs site's patches has nothing :( all dont help, although today for some reason i could play NFS:MW for an hour on full eveything (before i quit). My memory is fine, although i will downclock it and see if that affects things. The error occurs at random times, mostly when a new sound is loaded/ played, such as a different weapon on bf2.

Anyway il go play around a bit longer.

yay

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2007
No, it crashes nomatter what, the only online i do is HL2DM CSS and Soldat (im on 33.6k dialup and these are the only games i can play and win), Im using a old SL-K8AN-RL, latest bios.

But the problem seems to have seased by itself, il report if more problems occur but for now, THANKYOU to anyone that replied. :D