Sign in with
Your question

Building my first computer, help?

Last response: in Opinions and Experiences
August 24, 2012 8:26:46 AM

Hey guys, so I have about an 8-900 dollar budget and Im trying to build my first computer. I currently have one my friend build for me but it's finally time to upgrade.
I was thinking of going with AMD over Intell just because I would like to put the extra money towards a better videocard - As this machine is going to be primarily for gaming.

So far I was Thinking of going with the following.

Processor: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core

MOBO: ASUS M5A97 "EVO"(? or regular) AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)

SSD:SAMSUNG 830 Series MZ-7PC128D/AM 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD) Desktop Upgrade Kit

Power: Rosewill FORTRESS Series FORTRESS-550 550W Continuous@50°C,80 PLUS Platinum Certified,Single +12V Rail,ATX12V v2.31/EPS12V v2.92,SLI Ready,CrossFire Ready,Active- PFC

GPU: MSI N660 Ti PE 2GD5/OC GeForce GTX 660 Ti 2GB 192-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support

I would like some tips/suggestions and also was wondering how the SSD works and if it completely replaces a HDD or if I still need one.
Also help picking out a case? idk, dont be too harsh on me. Im fairly new to this and I have been trying to do a bunch of research on my own.

Thank you.

More about : building computer

August 30, 2012 3:38:12 AM

Do a bit more research. You might want to end up revising before finalizing your buys. Also, I understand your choice for money toward a vid card, but I think its much more worth it to go with an intel processor. AMD just doe NOT compare to intel when it comes to processors.
m
l
August 30, 2012 7:27:41 AM

irzekk said:
Do a bit more research. You might want to end up revising before finalizing your buys. Also, I understand your choice for money toward a vid card, but I think its much more worth it to go with an intel processor. AMD just doe NOT compare to intel when it comes to processors.

Ty for the answer, but is there any way you could be a little more specific?
m
l
!