Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

So when does the new stuff for COH go live?

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 8:12:40 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

Does anyone know when the new costume stuff, the body shaping and the arena
will actually be released?

Clem Clambake

More about : stuff coh live

Anonymous
April 28, 2005 8:12:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

Clem Clambake wrote:
> Does anyone know when the new costume stuff, the body shaping and the
arena
> will actually be released?

In the year 2525, if man is still alive...
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 8:12:41 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 04:12:40 GMT, "Clem Clambake"
<clemclambake@yahoo.coma> wrote:

>Does anyone know when the new costume stuff, the body shaping and the arena
>will actually be released?

When they have the primary feature, that being arena PVP, reasonably
balanced. Much better for them to spend a lot of time getting it right
than to rush it out the door.

'sides, the body sliders are fluff and don't have nearly enough
effect, anyway.

--
Dark Tyger

Stop the madness! (Marvel Vs Cryptic Studios petition)
http://www.petitiononline.com/marvscoh/petition.html

Hey, everyone else is doing it. Free iPod:
http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=15728814
Related resources
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 9:04:39 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

"Clem Clambake" <clemclambake@yahoo.coma> wrote:
> Does anyone know when the new costume stuff, the body shaping and the
> arena will actually be released?

When it's ready, and not five minutes before, I hope. I plan to not play
seriously for a week after I4/Live - I got crashed out of missions and
other time/XP losers on both I2 and I3.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Shenanigunner: Level 38 Natural Tanker, Fire/SS, M =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 29 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= RorShok: Level 17 Natural Scrapper, MA/SR, M =-
-= R A Heinlein: Level 7 Science Controller, Ill/Rad, M =-
-= Always looking for reliable teammates - look me up! =-
-= See you on HEROICA! - http://www.dgath.com/coh/ =-
-= The Keybind & Macro Guide is now available! =-
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 11:18:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 04:12:40 GMT, "Clem Clambake" <clemclambake@yahoo.coma>
scribed into the ether:

>Does anyone know when the new costume stuff, the body shaping and the arena
>will actually be released?

Given the borked status of the internal test server, the horrific nerfs
that resulted from tests made on the horrifically borked internal server,
that those nerfs have not been undone, and many of the powers are still in
testing, and the arena is a hopeless mess...

3-4 weeks at the earliest, is my guess.
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 11:18:10 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 07:18:09 GMT, Matt Frisch
<matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 04:12:40 GMT, "Clem Clambake" <clemclambake@yahoo.coma>
>scribed into the ether:
>
>>Does anyone know when the new costume stuff, the body shaping and the arena
>>will actually be released?
>
>Given the borked status of the internal test server, the horrific nerfs
>that resulted from tests made on the horrifically borked internal server,
>that those nerfs have not been undone, and many of the powers are still in
>testing, and the arena is a hopeless mess...
>
>3-4 weeks at the earliest, is my guess.

Actually, the data they based making the nerfs in the first place from
was BEFORE the bug got introduced into the internal test servers.
Really, the only thing that bug effected was the test runs to
illustrate the power that regen had. And the regen nerfs are far from
"horrific". It's -STILL- the top scrapper secondary or very close to
it. (Actually, they've run a new set of tests on the debugged internal
test server. invul came out slightly ABOVE regen as it is now on
public test with the rest of the secondaries falling well behind.
-all- the builds were non min-maxed, though.)

--
Dark Tyger

Stop the madness! (Marvel Vs Cryptic Studios petition)
http://www.petitiononline.com/marvscoh/petition.html

Hey, everyone else is doing it. Free iPod:
http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=15728814
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 4:09:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

On 28 Apr 2005 00:09:10 -0700, "The Black Guardian" <blakgard@aol.com>
wrote:

>Clem Clambake wrote:
>> Does anyone know when the new costume stuff, the body shaping and the
>arena
>> will actually be released?
>
>In the year 2525, if man is still alive...

*applause*

Charles Riggs --

There are no accented letters in my email address.
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 4:16:00 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 04:12:40 GMT, Clem Clambake
<clemclambake@yahoo.coma> wrote:

> Does anyone know when the new costume stuff, the body shaping and
> the arena will actually be released?

I'm beginning to wonder if it will be this year. The Arena has thrown
several wrenches into the works as the devs try to figure out how to
balance for PVP *and* PVE at the same time. Seems they're continuing
to tweak and tweak and tweak with no end in sight.

--
Chris Meadows aka | Homepage: http://www.terrania.us
Robotech_Master |
robotech@eyrie.org | Earn a free iPod and a free Mac Mini!
| http://www.terrania.us/conga.html
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 4:18:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 07:48:12 -0400, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:

> I mean honestly, with CoV on the horizon for real PVP, WTF is the point
> of half-assed PVP in CoH?

Presumably, giving the PVP system a thorough testing so it can be
whole-assed when CoV comes out.

I do agree with you in general, though. More and more these days when
I think about CoH, I'm reminded of this line from The Last Unicorn:

| "You are losing my interest," the rustling voice interrupted him
| again, "and that is very dangerous. In a moment I will have
| forgotten you quite entirely, and will never be able to remember
| just what I did with you. What I forget not only ceases to exist,
| but never really existed in the first place."

--
Chris Meadows aka | Homepage: http://www.terrania.us
Robotech_Master |
robotech@eyrie.org | Earn a free iPod and a free Mac Mini!
| http://www.terrania.us/conga.html
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 6:13:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

Charles Riggs <chriggs@éircom.net> wrote in
news:lhe171ti7nfm49nuq3vut6op7242ssa1m2@4ax.com:

>>In the year 2525, if man is still alive...
>
> *applause*
>
> Charles Riggs --
>
> There are no accented letters in my email address.
>

Zager & Evans one big hit.
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 6:33:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

Clem Clambake wrote:
> Does anyone know when the new costume stuff, the body shaping and the arena
> will actually be released?

On the basis that I4 now contains a badge called 'Celebrant' which is
given to all characters who log in during the month of May...

It'll be going Live far too soon, unless they put that badge Live without
the rest of the junk.

--
John Parkinson
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 7:15:28 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

"Robotech_Master" <robotech@eyrie.org> wrote in message
news:slrnd71l4e.djd.robotech@terrania.homelinux.org...
> On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 07:48:12 -0400, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
>
> > I mean honestly, with CoV on the horizon for real PVP, WTF is the point
> > of half-assed PVP in CoH?
>
> Presumably, giving the PVP system a thorough testing so it can be
> whole-assed when CoV comes out.
>

That's my thought - the arena is beta testing for CoV.
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 8:33:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

John Parkinson wrote:
> Clem Clambake wrote:
>> Does anyone know when the new costume stuff, the body shaping and
the arena
>> will actually be released?
>
> On the basis that I4 now contains a badge called 'Celebrant' which is
> given to all characters who log in during the month of May...
>
> It'll be going Live far too soon, unless they put that badge Live
without
> the rest of the junk.

Seems like a simple task for any coder to change May to June, July...
January 2007...

They could always send the whole thing live, but with the doors to the
Arena locked. :) 
Anonymous
April 28, 2005 11:17:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

On 28 Apr 2005 16:33:56 -0700, "The Black Guardian" <blakgard@aol.com>
wrote:

>John Parkinson wrote:
>> Clem Clambake wrote:
>>> Does anyone know when the new costume stuff, the body shaping and
>the arena
>>> will actually be released?
>>
>> On the basis that I4 now contains a badge called 'Celebrant' which is
>> given to all characters who log in during the month of May...
>>
>> It'll be going Live far too soon, unless they put that badge Live
>without
>> the rest of the junk.
>
>Seems like a simple task for any coder to change May to June, July...
>January 2007...
>
>They could always send the whole thing live, but with the doors to the
>Arena locked. :) 

Not a matter of changing the month, though. It's to mark the
anniversary....which is in May.

--
Dark Tyger

Stop the madness! (Marvel Vs Cryptic Studios petition)
http://www.petitiononline.com/marvscoh/petition.html

Hey, everyone else is doing it. Free iPod:
http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=15728814
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 1:30:12 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 01:07:48 -0700, Dark Tyger <darktiger@somewhere.net>
scribed into the ether:

>On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 07:18:09 GMT, Matt Frisch
><matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 04:12:40 GMT, "Clem Clambake" <clemclambake@yahoo.coma>
>>scribed into the ether:
>>
>>>Does anyone know when the new costume stuff, the body shaping and the arena
>>>will actually be released?
>>
>>Given the borked status of the internal test server, the horrific nerfs
>>that resulted from tests made on the horrifically borked internal server,
>>that those nerfs have not been undone, and many of the powers are still in
>>testing, and the arena is a hopeless mess...
>>
>>3-4 weeks at the earliest, is my guess.
>
>Actually, the data they based making the nerfs in the first place from
>was BEFORE the bug got introduced into the internal test servers.
>Really, the only thing that bug effected was the test runs to
>illustrate the power that regen had. And the regen nerfs are far from
>"horrific". It's -STILL- the top scrapper secondary or very close to
>it. (Actually, they've run a new set of tests on the debugged internal
>test server. invul came out slightly ABOVE regen as it is now on
>public test with the rest of the secondaries falling well behind.
>-all- the builds were non min-maxed, though.)

Those were some pretty screwed up tests, IMO. The prescence of a half a
tray of inspirations alone is enough to almost completely invalidate it.

The choice of primary was also extremely odd, and leads to strange results
particularly in the minion killing field. The slowing effect from various
Spines abilities is *greatly* to the benefit of Regen over the other types,
so Regen comes off looking comparitively much better than it should.

Slotting was also wierd, with 6-slotted heals in Instant Healing, which
should realistically have 1 or 2 endredux. The luxury of being able to burn
a half tray of inspirations (likely including a couple of CaBs) distorts
that aspect of it too, giving the impression that Regen heals better than
it does in the "real world".
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 1:30:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 21:30:12 GMT, Matt Frisch
<matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote:

>Those were some pretty screwed up tests, IMO. The prescence of a half a
>tray of inspirations alone is enough to almost completely invalidate it.
>
>The choice of primary was also extremely odd, and leads to strange results
>particularly in the minion killing field. The slowing effect from various
>Spines abilities is *greatly* to the benefit of Regen over the other types,
>so Regen comes off looking comparitively much better than it should.
>
>Slotting was also wierd, with 6-slotted heals in Instant Healing, which
>should realistically have 1 or 2 endredux. The luxury of being able to burn
>a half tray of inspirations (likely including a couple of CaBs) distorts
>that aspect of it too, giving the impression that Regen heals better than
>it does in the "real world".

How does the presence of half a tray of inspirations invalidate the
results? The situation and build were actually BELOW what a scrapper
would normally face in live play. I rarely, if EVER, have below half a
tray of inspirations going into a large fight. The build wasn't just
odd, it was -weak-. The slotting of the secondaries was weaker than
the average player would have. The test was to show that even
sub-optimal builds were performing well above what their intention
placed them at.

The biggest difference was probably play style. Most players, as I've
seen it on live, solo by jumping into a pack of mobs, fighting where
they stand, and only moving to chase runners. I'm sure the devs used
actual (heaven forbid!) tactics in their fights, which is something
that the average player could stand to learn. Scrappers have gotten
too comfortable with "Stand in its face and whack while its friends
beat on you as well".

--
Dark Tyger

Stop the madness! (Marvel Vs Cryptic Studios petition)
http://www.petitiononline.com/marvscoh/petition.html

Hey, everyone else is doing it. Free iPod:
http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=15728814
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 7:51:16 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 14:13:56 GMT, J Anlee <JanLee@ameritech.net>
wrote:

>Charles Riggs <chriggs@éircom.net> wrote in
>news:lhe171ti7nfm49nuq3vut6op7242ssa1m2@4ax.com:

Restoring the attributions:

>>On 28 Apr 2005 00:09:10 -0700, "The Black Guardian" <blakgard@aol.com> wrote:

>Clem Clambake wrote:
>> Does anyone know when the new costume stuff, the body shaping and the
>arena
>> will actually be released?
>
>>>In the year 2525, if man is still alive...
>>
>> *applause*

>Zager & Evans one big hit.

My applause was for the remark, obviously enough, not the song, great
as it was.

Charles Riggs--

There are no accented letters in my email address.
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 5:50:18 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 16:24:32 -0700, Dark Tyger <darktiger@somewhere.net>
wrote:
> On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 22:24:31 +0200, Magnus Itland <itlandm@online.no>
> wrote:
>> With the Manga expansion, we've got a new type of heroes. Japanese
>> girls
>> have quite different cup sizes than Americans of the same age.
>
> Well, yes, but that's never stopped big boobs from being common in
> Manga, either. :p 

In hentai and some shonen manga, sure. But in sports manga and most shojo
manga they tend to be more natural (or underdeveloped seen from my
Scandinavian point of view).

On a related note, I'd like to get back the slightly yellowish skin tones
that I used for Asian characters until they were removed with the
anti-nudity patch shortly afer release.

--
"When someone starts bragging about how much debt they have, it's not a
good sign." -G
!