So when does the new stuff for COH go live?

Does anyone know when the new costume stuff, the body shaping and the arena
will actually be released?

Clem Clambake
17 answers Last reply
More about stuff live
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Clem Clambake wrote:
    > Does anyone know when the new costume stuff, the body shaping and the
    arena
    > will actually be released?

    In the year 2525, if man is still alive...
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 04:12:40 GMT, "Clem Clambake"
    <clemclambake@yahoo.coma> wrote:

    >Does anyone know when the new costume stuff, the body shaping and the arena
    >will actually be released?

    When they have the primary feature, that being arena PVP, reasonably
    balanced. Much better for them to spend a lot of time getting it right
    than to rush it out the door.

    'sides, the body sliders are fluff and don't have nearly enough
    effect, anyway.

    --
    Dark Tyger

    Stop the madness! (Marvel Vs Cryptic Studios petition)
    http://www.petitiononline.com/marvscoh/petition.html

    Hey, everyone else is doing it. Free iPod:
    http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=15728814
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    "Clem Clambake" <clemclambake@yahoo.coma> wrote:
    > Does anyone know when the new costume stuff, the body shaping and the
    > arena will actually be released?

    When it's ready, and not five minutes before, I hope. I plan to not play
    seriously for a week after I4/Live - I got crashed out of missions and
    other time/XP losers on both I2 and I3.

    --
    -= Victory Server =-
    -= Sgt Glory B: Level 29 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-

    On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 04:12:40 GMT, "Clem Clambake" <clemclambake@yahoo.coma>
    scribed into the ether:

    >Does anyone know when the new costume stuff, the body shaping and the arena
    >will actually be released?

    Given the borked status of the internal test server, the horrific nerfs
    that resulted from tests made on the horrifically borked internal server,
    that those nerfs have not been undone, and many of the powers are still in
    testing, and the arena is a hopeless mess...

    3-4 weeks at the earliest, is my guess.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 07:18:09 GMT, Matt Frisch
    <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote:

    >On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 04:12:40 GMT, "Clem Clambake" <clemclambake@yahoo.coma>
    >scribed into the ether:
    >
    >>Does anyone know when the new costume stuff, the body shaping and the arena
    >>will actually be released?
    >
    >Given the borked status of the internal test server, the horrific nerfs
    >that resulted from tests made on the horrifically borked internal server,
    >that those nerfs have not been undone, and many of the powers are still in
    >testing, and the arena is a hopeless mess...
    >
    >3-4 weeks at the earliest, is my guess.

    Actually, the data they based making the nerfs in the first place from
    was BEFORE the bug got introduced into the internal test servers.
    Really, the only thing that bug effected was the test runs to
    illustrate the power that regen had. And the regen nerfs are far from
    "horrific". It's -STILL- the top scrapper secondary or very close to
    it. (Actually, they've run a new set of tests on the debugged internal
    test server. invul came out slightly ABOVE regen as it is now on
    public test with the rest of the secondaries falling well behind.
    -all- the builds were non min-maxed, though.)

    --
    Dark Tyger

    Stop the madness! (Marvel Vs Cryptic Studios petition)
    http://www.petitiononline.com/marvscoh/petition.html

    Hey, everyone else is doing it. Free iPod:
    http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=15728814
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    On 28 Apr 2005 00:09:10 -0700, "The Black Guardian" <blakgard@aol.com>
    wrote:

    >Clem Clambake wrote:
    >> Does anyone know when the new costume stuff, the body shaping and the
    >arena
    >> will actually be released?
    >
    >In the year 2525, if man is still alive...

    *applause*

    Charles Riggs --

    There are no accented letters in my email address.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 04:12:40 GMT, Clem Clambake
    <clemclambake@yahoo.coma> wrote:

    > Does anyone know when the new costume stuff, the body shaping and
    > the arena will actually be released?

    I'm beginning to wonder if it will be this year. The Arena has thrown
    several wrenches into the works as the devs try to figure out how to
    balance for PVP *and* PVE at the same time. Seems they're continuing
    to tweak and tweak and tweak with no end in sight.

    --
    Chris Meadows aka | Homepage: http://www.terrania.us
    Robotech_Master |
    | http://www.terrania.us/conga.html
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 07:48:12 -0400, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:

    > I mean honestly, with CoV on the horizon for real PVP, WTF is the point
    > of half-assed PVP in CoH?

    Presumably, giving the PVP system a thorough testing so it can be
    whole-assed when CoV comes out.

    I do agree with you in general, though. More and more these days when
    I think about CoH, I'm reminded of this line from The Last Unicorn:

    --
    Chris Meadows aka | Homepage: http://www.terrania.us
    Robotech_Master |
    robotech@eyrie.org | Earn a free iPod and a free Mac Mini!
    | http://www.terrania.us/conga.html
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Charles Riggs <chriggs@éircom.net> wrote in

    >>In the year 2525, if man is still alive...
    >
    > *applause*
    >
    > Charles Riggs --
    >
    > There are no accented letters in my email address.

    Zager & Evans one big hit.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    Clem Clambake wrote:
    > Does anyone know when the new costume stuff, the body shaping and the arena
    > will actually be released?

    On the basis that I4 now contains a badge called 'Celebrant' which is
    given to all characters who log in during the month of May...

    It'll be going Live far too soon, unless they put that badge Live without
    the rest of the junk.

    --
    John Parkinson
  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    "Robotech_Master" <robotech@eyrie.org> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 07:48:12 -0400, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
    >
    > > I mean honestly, with CoV on the horizon for real PVP, WTF is the point
    > > of half-assed PVP in CoH?
    >
    > Presumably, giving the PVP system a thorough testing so it can be
    > whole-assed when CoV comes out.

    That's my thought - the arena is beta testing for CoV.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    John Parkinson wrote:
    > Clem Clambake wrote:
    >> Does anyone know when the new costume stuff, the body shaping and
    the arena
    >> will actually be released?
    >
    > On the basis that I4 now contains a badge called 'Celebrant' which is
    > given to all characters who log in during the month of May...
    >
    > It'll be going Live far too soon, unless they put that badge Live
    without
    > the rest of the junk.

    Seems like a simple task for any coder to change May to June, July...
    January 2007...

    They could always send the whole thing live, but with the doors to the
    Arena locked. :)
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    On 28 Apr 2005 16:33:56 -0700, "The Black Guardian" <blakgard@aol.com>
    wrote:

    >John Parkinson wrote:
    >> Clem Clambake wrote:
    >>> Does anyone know when the new costume stuff, the body shaping and
    >the arena
    >>> will actually be released?
    >>
    >> On the basis that I4 now contains a badge called 'Celebrant' which is
    >> given to all characters who log in during the month of May...
    >>
    >> It'll be going Live far too soon, unless they put that badge Live
    >without
    >> the rest of the junk.
    >
    >Seems like a simple task for any coder to change May to June, July...
    >January 2007...
    >
    >They could always send the whole thing live, but with the doors to the
    >Arena locked. :)

    Not a matter of changing the month, though. It's to mark the
    anniversary....which is in May.

    --
    Dark Tyger

    Stop the madness! (Marvel Vs Cryptic Studios petition)
    http://www.petitiononline.com/marvscoh/petition.html

    Hey, everyone else is doing it. Free iPod:
    http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=15728814
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 01:07:48 -0700, Dark Tyger <darktiger@somewhere.net>
    scribed into the ether:

    >On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 07:18:09 GMT, Matt Frisch
    ><matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote:
    >
    >>On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 04:12:40 GMT, "Clem Clambake" <clemclambake@yahoo.coma>
    >>scribed into the ether:
    >>
    >>>Does anyone know when the new costume stuff, the body shaping and the arena
    >>>will actually be released?
    >>
    >>Given the borked status of the internal test server, the horrific nerfs
    >>that resulted from tests made on the horrifically borked internal server,
    >>that those nerfs have not been undone, and many of the powers are still in
    >>testing, and the arena is a hopeless mess...
    >>
    >>3-4 weeks at the earliest, is my guess.
    >
    >Actually, the data they based making the nerfs in the first place from
    >was BEFORE the bug got introduced into the internal test servers.
    >Really, the only thing that bug effected was the test runs to
    >illustrate the power that regen had. And the regen nerfs are far from
    >"horrific". It's -STILL- the top scrapper secondary or very close to
    >it. (Actually, they've run a new set of tests on the debugged internal
    >test server. invul came out slightly ABOVE regen as it is now on
    >public test with the rest of the secondaries falling well behind.
    >-all- the builds were non min-maxed, though.)

    Those were some pretty screwed up tests, IMO. The prescence of a half a
    tray of inspirations alone is enough to almost completely invalidate it.

    The choice of primary was also extremely odd, and leads to strange results
    particularly in the minion killing field. The slowing effect from various
    Spines abilities is *greatly* to the benefit of Regen over the other types,
    so Regen comes off looking comparitively much better than it should.

    Slotting was also wierd, with 6-slotted heals in Instant Healing, which
    should realistically have 1 or 2 endredux. The luxury of being able to burn
    a half tray of inspirations (likely including a couple of CaBs) distorts
    that aspect of it too, giving the impression that Regen heals better than
    it does in the "real world".
  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 21:30:12 GMT, Matt Frisch
    <matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote:

    >Those were some pretty screwed up tests, IMO. The prescence of a half a
    >tray of inspirations alone is enough to almost completely invalidate it.
    >
    >The choice of primary was also extremely odd, and leads to strange results
    >particularly in the minion killing field. The slowing effect from various
    >Spines abilities is *greatly* to the benefit of Regen over the other types,
    >so Regen comes off looking comparitively much better than it should.
    >
    >Slotting was also wierd, with 6-slotted heals in Instant Healing, which
    >should realistically have 1 or 2 endredux. The luxury of being able to burn
    >a half tray of inspirations (likely including a couple of CaBs) distorts
    >that aspect of it too, giving the impression that Regen heals better than
    >it does in the "real world".

    How does the presence of half a tray of inspirations invalidate the
    results? The situation and build were actually BELOW what a scrapper
    would normally face in live play. I rarely, if EVER, have below half a
    tray of inspirations going into a large fight. The build wasn't just
    odd, it was -weak-. The slotting of the secondaries was weaker than
    the average player would have. The test was to show that even
    sub-optimal builds were performing well above what their intention
    placed them at.

    The biggest difference was probably play style. Most players, as I've
    seen it on live, solo by jumping into a pack of mobs, fighting where
    they stand, and only moving to chase runners. I'm sure the devs used
    actual (heaven forbid!) tactics in their fights, which is something
    that the average player could stand to learn. Scrappers have gotten
    too comfortable with "Stand in its face and whack while its friends
    beat on you as well".

    --
    Dark Tyger

    Stop the madness! (Marvel Vs Cryptic Studios petition)
    http://www.petitiononline.com/marvscoh/petition.html

    Hey, everyone else is doing it. Free iPod:
    http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=15728814
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 14:13:56 GMT, J Anlee <JanLee@ameritech.net>
    wrote:

    >Charles Riggs <chriggs@éircom.net> wrote in

    Restoring the attributions:

    >>On 28 Apr 2005 00:09:10 -0700, "The Black Guardian" <blakgard@aol.com> wrote:

    >Clem Clambake wrote:
    >> Does anyone know when the new costume stuff, the body shaping and the
    >arena
    >> will actually be released?
    >
    >>>In the year 2525, if man is still alive...
    >>
    >> *applause*

    >Zager & Evans one big hit.

    My applause was for the remark, obviously enough, not the song, great
    as it was.

    Charles Riggs--

    There are no accented letters in my email address.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.coh (More info?)

    On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 16:24:32 -0700, Dark Tyger <darktiger@somewhere.net>
    wrote:
    > On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 22:24:31 +0200, Magnus Itland <itlandm@online.no>
    > wrote:
    >> With the Manga expansion, we've got a new type of heroes. Japanese
    >> girls
    >> have quite different cup sizes than Americans of the same age.
    >
    > Well, yes, but that's never stopped big boobs from being common in
    > Manga, either. :p

    In hentai and some shonen manga, sure. But in sports manga and most shojo
    manga they tend to be more natural (or underdeveloped seen from my
    Scandinavian point of view).

    On a related note, I'd like to get back the slightly yellowish skin tones
    that I used for Asian characters until they were removed with the
    anti-nudity patch shortly afer release.

    good sign." -G

Games Video Games