Sync My V551 with computer?

Is there anyway to sync the phonebook from my V551 with my laptop other than
spending about $100 for Motorola's software?

Thanks... Fred
9 answers Last reply
More about sync v551 computer

    Sure. Get on Ebay and buy it for $15 or $20.

    Dick

    In article <kYEFd.15567$B95.10683@lakeread02>,
    "Fred" <agunat@yahoo.com> wrote:

    > Is there anyway to sync the phonebook from my V551 with my laptop other than
    > spending about $100 for Motorola's software?
    >
    > Thanks... Fred

    Buy a USB cable with the Motorola software on eBay for about $25.
    Its cheaper cause its not the most current version of the software, but
    you can get a free software upgrade from within the program.

    Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> writes:

    > In article <kYEFd.15567$B95.10683@lakeread02>,
    > "Fred" <agunat@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >
    > > Is there anyway to sync the phonebook from my V551 with my laptop other than
    > > spending about $100 for Motorola's software?
    > >
    > > Thanks... Fred
    >
    > Buy a USB cable with the Motorola software on eBay for about $25.
    > Its cheaper cause its not the most current version of the software, but
    > you can get a free software upgrade from within the program.

    Can you sync over Bluetooth?

    If not, I just lost all interest on this phone.

    -jav

    Better yet, buy from shopoem.com

    John Navas wrote:
    > Better yet, buy from shopoem.com

    You know, I did this, and I was throughly unimpressed. I ordered a
    holster, charger, and USB data kit. The holster and charger were fine,
    but the data kit was suspicious.

    It came with a box with Chinese writing all over it. It also came with
    a sheet of paper that said that they had sent to copies of the CD, the
    original from Motorola, and a copy because some batches of the original
    CDs had bugs. It suggested using the copy.

    The copy was a CD-R with handwritten title on it. The other CD wasn't
    for MPT, but rather for True-Sync.

    The MPT software crashed on trying to synch with bluetooth. I set it up
    to think it was using a serial port to get past the crash, and then it
    did a live update and for a few minutes I had it running. Later it
    wanted another Live update, and now it crashes before I can make any
    choices.

    Something seems a little fishy about this deal, and I can't get the
    software to run, so I am pretty disappointed in it.

    YMMV

    In <86k6qg4jgo.fsf@skylane.kjsl.com> on 13 Jan 2005 22:23:51 -0800, Javier
    Henderson <javier@KJSL.COM> wrote:

    >Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> writes:
    >
    >> In article <kYEFd.15567$B95.10683@lakeread02>,
    >> "Fred" <agunat@yahoo.com> wrote:
    >>
    >> > Is there anyway to sync the phonebook from my V551 with my laptop other than
    >> > spending about $100 for Motorola's software?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks... Fred
    >>
    >> Buy a USB cable with the Motorola software on eBay for about $25.
    >> Its cheaper cause its not the most current version of the software, but
    >> you can get a free software upgrade from within the program.
    >
    >Can you sync over Bluetooth?

    Of course.

    In article <rZudnaFjy97B5HrcRVn-qg@comcast.com>,
    Bob Horvath <usenet@horvath.com> wrote:

    > John Navas wrote:
    > > Better yet, buy from shopoem.com
    >

    > You know, I did this, and I was throughly unimpressed. I ordered a
    > holster, charger, and USB data kit. The holster and charger were fine,
    > but the data kit was suspicious.
    >
    > It came with a box with Chinese writing all over it. It also came with
    > a sheet of paper that said that they had sent to copies of the CD, the
    > original from Motorola, and a copy because some batches of the original
    > CDs had bugs. It suggested using the copy.
    >
    > The copy was a CD-R with handwritten title on it. The other CD wasn't
    > for MPT, but rather for True-Sync.
    >
    > The MPT software crashed on trying to synch with bluetooth. I set it up
    > to think it was using a serial port to get past the crash, and then it
    > did a live update and for a few minutes I had it running. Later it
    > wanted another Live update, and now it crashes before I can make any
    > choices.
    >
    > Something seems a little fishy about this deal, and I can't get the
    > software to run, so I am pretty disappointed in it.
    >
    > YMMV

    I would notify Mototola about your counterfeit software.

    John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> writes:

    > In <86k6qg4jgo.fsf@skylane.kjsl.com> on 13 Jan 2005 22:23:51 -0800, Javier
    > Henderson <javier@KJSL.COM> wrote:
    >
    > >Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> writes:

    > >> Buy a USB cable with the Motorola software on eBay for about $25.
    > >> Its cheaper cause its not the most current version of the software, but
    > >> you can get a free software upgrade from within the program.
    > >
    > >Can you sync over Bluetooth?
    >
    > Of course.

    OK, and is any special software needed to do this? If so, is it sold
    separately?

    I'm specifically interested in sync'ing Mac applications (iCal, Address book).

    -jav

    In <861xcn979k.fsf@skylane.kjsl.com> on 14 Jan 2005 10:48:23 -0800, Javier
    Henderson <javier@KJSL.COM> wrote:

    >John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> writes:
    >
    >> In <86k6qg4jgo.fsf@skylane.kjsl.com> on 13 Jan 2005 22:23:51 -0800, Javier
    >> Henderson <javier@KJSL.COM> wrote:

    >> >Can you sync over Bluetooth?
    >>
    >> Of course.
    >
    >OK, and is any special software needed to do this? If so, is it sold
    >separately?
    >
    >I'm specifically interested in sync'ing Mac applications (iCal, Address book).

    Perhaps someone else can help you -- I don't know about Mac apps.

Cingular Laptops Computer Motorola Software Internet Service Providers