Sync My V551 with computer?

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
January 13, 2005 11:09:55 PM

Is there anyway to sync the phonebook from my V551 with my laptop other than
spending about $100 for Motorola's software?

Thanks... Fred

More about : sync v551 computer

January 13, 2005 11:09:56 PM

Sure. Get on Ebay and buy it for $15 or $20.

Dick

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 20:09:55 -0500, "Fred" <agunat@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Is there anyway to sync the phonebook from my V551 with my laptop other than
>spending about $100 for Motorola's software?
>
>Thanks... Fred

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
January 14, 2005 4:56:25 AM

In article <kYEFd.15567$B95.10683@lakeread02>,
"Fred" <agunat@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Is there anyway to sync the phonebook from my V551 with my laptop other than
> spending about $100 for Motorola's software?
>
> Thanks... Fred

Buy a USB cable with the Motorola software on eBay for about $25.
Its cheaper cause its not the most current version of the software, but
you can get a free software upgrade from within the program.
a b D Laptop
January 14, 2005 4:56:26 AM

Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> writes:

> In article <kYEFd.15567$B95.10683@lakeread02>,
> "Fred" <agunat@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > Is there anyway to sync the phonebook from my V551 with my laptop other than
> > spending about $100 for Motorola's software?
> >
> > Thanks... Fred
>
> Buy a USB cable with the Motorola software on eBay for about $25.
> Its cheaper cause its not the most current version of the software, but
> you can get a free software upgrade from within the program.

Can you sync over Bluetooth?

If not, I just lost all interest on this phone.

-jav
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
January 14, 2005 10:03:21 AM

Better yet, buy from shopoem.com

In <2g7eu0hos9tl03lj5cpvb2qm509fbrm1nr@4ax.com> on Thu, 13 Jan 2005 18:19:32
-0700, Dick <LeadWinger> wrote:

>Sure. Get on Ebay and buy it for $15 or $20.
>
>Dick
>
>On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 20:09:55 -0500, "Fred" <agunat@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>>Is there anyway to sync the phonebook from my V551 with my laptop other than
>>spending about $100 for Motorola's software?
>>
>>Thanks... Fred

a b D Laptop
January 14, 2005 10:03:22 AM

John Navas wrote:
> Better yet, buy from shopoem.com

You know, I did this, and I was throughly unimpressed. I ordered a
holster, charger, and USB data kit. The holster and charger were fine,
but the data kit was suspicious.

It came with a box with Chinese writing all over it. It also came with
a sheet of paper that said that they had sent to copies of the CD, the
original from Motorola, and a copy because some batches of the original
CDs had bugs. It suggested using the copy.

The copy was a CD-R with handwritten title on it. The other CD wasn't
for MPT, but rather for True-Sync.

The MPT software crashed on trying to synch with bluetooth. I set it up
to think it was using a serial port to get past the crash, and then it
did a live update and for a few minutes I had it running. Later it
wanted another Live update, and now it crashes before I can make any
choices.

Something seems a little fishy about this deal, and I can't get the
software to run, so I am pretty disappointed in it.

YMMV

> In <2g7eu0hos9tl03lj5cpvb2qm509fbrm1nr@4ax.com> on Thu, 13 Jan 2005 18:19:32
> -0700, Dick <LeadWinger> wrote:
>

>>Sure. Get on Ebay and buy it for $15 or $20.
>>
>>Dick
>>
>>On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 20:09:55 -0500, "Fred" <agunat@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>

>>>Is there anyway to sync the phonebook from my V551 with my laptop other than
>>>spending about $100 for Motorola's software?
>>>
>>>Thanks... Fred

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
January 14, 2005 10:17:44 AM

In <86k6qg4jgo.fsf@skylane.kjsl.com> on 13 Jan 2005 22:23:51 -0800, Javier
Henderson <javier@KJSL.COM> wrote:

>Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> writes:
>
>> In article <kYEFd.15567$B95.10683@lakeread02>,
>> "Fred" <agunat@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>
>> > Is there anyway to sync the phonebook from my V551 with my laptop other than
>> > spending about $100 for Motorola's software?
>> >
>> > Thanks... Fred
>>
>> Buy a USB cable with the Motorola software on eBay for about $25.
>> Its cheaper cause its not the most current version of the software, but
>> you can get a free software upgrade from within the program.
>
>Can you sync over Bluetooth?

Of course.

a b D Laptop
January 14, 2005 11:47:08 AM

In article <rZudnaFjy97B5HrcRVn-qg@comcast.com>,
Bob Horvath <usenet@horvath.com> wrote:

> John Navas wrote:
> > Better yet, buy from shopoem.com
>

> You know, I did this, and I was throughly unimpressed. I ordered a
> holster, charger, and USB data kit. The holster and charger were fine,
> but the data kit was suspicious.
>
> It came with a box with Chinese writing all over it. It also came with
> a sheet of paper that said that they had sent to copies of the CD, the
> original from Motorola, and a copy because some batches of the original
> CDs had bugs. It suggested using the copy.
>
> The copy was a CD-R with handwritten title on it. The other CD wasn't
> for MPT, but rather for True-Sync.
>
> The MPT software crashed on trying to synch with bluetooth. I set it up
> to think it was using a serial port to get past the crash, and then it
> did a live update and for a few minutes I had it running. Later it
> wanted another Live update, and now it crashes before I can make any
> choices.
>
> Something seems a little fishy about this deal, and I can't get the
> software to run, so I am pretty disappointed in it.
>
> YMMV

I would notify Mototola about your counterfeit software.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
January 14, 2005 1:48:23 PM

John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> writes:

> In <86k6qg4jgo.fsf@skylane.kjsl.com> on 13 Jan 2005 22:23:51 -0800, Javier
> Henderson <javier@KJSL.COM> wrote:
>
> >Jack Zwick <jzwick3@mindspring.com> writes:

> >> Buy a USB cable with the Motorola software on eBay for about $25.
> >> Its cheaper cause its not the most current version of the software, but
> >> you can get a free software upgrade from within the program.
> >
> >Can you sync over Bluetooth?
>
> Of course.

OK, and is any special software needed to do this? If so, is it sold
separately?

I'm specifically interested in sync'ing Mac applications (iCal, Address book).

-jav
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
January 14, 2005 10:34:05 PM

In <861xcn979k.fsf@skylane.kjsl.com> on 14 Jan 2005 10:48:23 -0800, Javier
Henderson <javier@KJSL.COM> wrote:

>John Navas <spamfilter0@navasgroup.com> writes:
>
>> In <86k6qg4jgo.fsf@skylane.kjsl.com> on 13 Jan 2005 22:23:51 -0800, Javier
>> Henderson <javier@KJSL.COM> wrote:

>> >Can you sync over Bluetooth?
>>
>> Of course.
>
>OK, and is any special software needed to do this? If so, is it sold
>separately?
>
>I'm specifically interested in sync'ing Mac applications (iCal, Address book).

Perhaps someone else can help you -- I don't know about Mac apps.