Windows 7 Upgrade Problems

aaron_c

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009
Hey guys, trying to install my free Windows 7 Upgrade on a Toshiba laptop I bought about a month ago. I got all the way to the "install required components" part, and it installed all except the "Cyberlink PowerCinema for Toshiba Patch". Beside this, it says "failed", and I can't do anything or advance through the install. Anyone know where I go from here to get the update installed?

Strange...never had that issue when I did an upgrade to the RC from Vista. Never the less, yes, check out that link and attempt to preload the patch before the install. Either that or just do a fresh install and download the required stuff from Toshiba after the fact.

aaron_c

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009
One other question, for now- how do I stop Windows 7 from restarting automatically when I do updates? I'd like it to at least ask, so I have time to close out programs and such first.

aaron_c

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2009
Thanks again, I appreciate it. One last question that may be more opinion- I play a lot of online games, and every time i tell someone online that I switched to Windows 7 and like it, they start declaring me a "noob" and all that stuff. I could really care less what anyone says, but what is the reason for the hate by some of Windows 7? Is it just OS fanboy-ism from XP users or what?