Q3 - Scripts

I placed a script in my config file (one that cycles through the rail
colours), saved the file and went into the game. The script worked fine -
and I was pleased with it.

I then went in to put in a script to cycle the rocket launcher and rail
gun - and found that the rail colour script was gone - and a test of play
verified that the script was not longer working.

In fact, I can place as many scripts as I want into the config file, they
seem to work fine for the first time that I play the game, but they are gone
the next time I start the game.. Does anyone know why or how?

TIA -

Blessed are the geek, for they shall inherit the Earth.

pop

you need to put them in a file named: autoexec.cfg (in the same directory as
config.cfg) - the config.cfg file is rewritten each time Q3 exits.

--
pop is Mark
Doing nothing makes me tired 'cause I can't take a break.

"pop" <p_o_p@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> you need to put them in a file named: autoexec.cfg (in the same directory
as
> config.cfg) - the config.cfg file is rewritten each time Q3 exits.
>
> --
> pop is Mark
> Doing nothing makes me tired 'cause I can't take a break.

Ahh- thanks pop =- makes sense.

Blessed are the geek, for they shall inherit the Earth.

sittingduck

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2003

Miss Understanding wrote:

>> you need to put them in a file named: autoexec.cfg (in the same directory
> as
>> config.cfg) - the config.cfg file is rewritten each time Q3 exits.
>>
>> --
>> pop is Mark
>> Doing nothing makes me tired 'cause I can't take a break.
>
> Ahh- thanks pop =- makes sense.

You may have to re-exec it for different mods too... If you play a mod and
notice things are not working right, drop the console and type:
/exec autoexec.cfg
that will also work for any cfg you have in baseq3, some configs you might
not want in autoexec.cfg. Instead, bind a key to execute it. Put something
like:
bind x exec railcolor.cfg
into the autoexec. I have some examples here:
http://huckit.net/croak/misc/configs/

"sittingduck" <spam.no.sitting-duck@spamgourmet.com> wrote in message
> Miss Understanding wrote:
>
> >> you need to put them in a file named: autoexec.cfg (in the same
directory
> > as
> >> config.cfg) - the config.cfg file is rewritten each time Q3 exits.
> >>
> >> --
> >> pop is Mark
> >> Doing nothing makes me tired 'cause I can't take a break.
> >
> > Ahh- thanks pop =- makes sense.
>
> You may have to re-exec it for different mods too... If you play a mod and
> notice things are not working right, drop the console and type:
> /exec autoexec.cfg
> that will also work for any cfg you have in baseq3, some configs you might
> not want in autoexec.cfg. Instead, bind a key to execute it. Put something
> like:
> bind x exec railcolor.cfg
> into the autoexec. I have some examples here:
> http://huckit.net/croak/misc/configs/

Thanks Sittingduck - I see you have a demo there of your own too.. :cool:

I should say that I made an error in my post though - I was able to get the
script to change from rail to rocket working (thanks all!) - but not the
rail color changer - it says it does not recognise the command 'color'. Can
someone have a look at it?
http://www.planetquake.com/thebind/scripts.shtml

I know its just a vanity thing, but i think it would add to the fun of the
game to see different colored rails shooting across the sky.... -