Toshiba DLP HDTV TV Guide Problem

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
February 21, 2005 1:42:02 AM

As most Toshiba owners have discovered there is an ongoing problem with
the TV guide not loading. My TV Guide is still not...and never has
loaded. I've noticed something interesting though. Often when I turn the
TV on for the first time each day it is tuned to a channel that we very
seldom watch and it's always the same channel (Channel 34). I started
paying attention to the channel it was on when turned off the previous
night just to be sure. For instance if I turn off the TV after viewing
channel 12 when I turn on the TV the next day it will be on channel 34.
If the TV Guide is trying to tune to our local PBS channel to download
the TV Guide listings it is tuning in to the wrong channel. Has anyone
else noticed anything like this? I'm wondering if this may be at least
one of the causes of the Guide not loading.

Sharon
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 2:57:07 PM

"Sharon" <me7@privacy.net> wrote in message
> As most Toshiba owners have discovered there is an ongoing problem with
> the TV guide not loading. My TV Guide is still not...and never has
> loaded. I've noticed something interesting though. Often when I turn the
> TV on for the first time each day it is tuned to a channel that we very
> seldom watch and it's always the same channel (Channel 34). I started
> paying attention to the channel it was on when turned off the previous
> night just to be sure. For instance if I turn off the TV after viewing
> channel 12 when I turn on the TV the next day it will be on channel 34.
> If the TV Guide is trying to tune to our local PBS channel to download
> the TV Guide listings it is tuning in to the wrong channel. Has anyone
> else noticed anything like this? I'm wondering if this may be at least
> one of the causes of the Guide not loading.
>
> Sharon

My set *is* tuning to my local PBS channel, but still, no guide info yet.
Anonymous
February 24, 2005 4:45:22 AM

On Mon, 21 Feb 2005 11:57:07 -0500, "Eli Renfro"
<erenfro@nospamoptonline.net> wrote:

>"Sharon" <me7@privacy.net> wrote in message
>> As most Toshiba owners have discovered there is an ongoing problem with
>> the TV guide not loading. My TV Guide is still not...and never has
>> loaded. I've noticed something interesting though. Often when I turn the
>> TV on for the first time each day it is tuned to a channel that we very
>> seldom watch and it's always the same channel (Channel 34). I started
>> paying attention to the channel it was on when turned off the previous
>> night just to be sure. For instance if I turn off the TV after viewing
>> channel 12 when I turn on the TV the next day it will be on channel 34.
>> If the TV Guide is trying to tune to our local PBS channel to download
>> the TV Guide listings it is tuning in to the wrong channel. Has anyone
>> else noticed anything like this? I'm wondering if this may be at least
>> one of the causes of the Guide not loading.
>>
>> Sharon
>
>My set *is* tuning to my local PBS channel, but still, no guide info yet.

I just got an upgrade for my 52HMX94 and my guide finally seems to be
ok. You should contact service to get the fix. Mine was updated with
sd memory card through my card reader.
The One & Only,
Oglebooger
!