The Radeon X850 XT Platinum Edition

Hi all:

I am looking for a graphics card, anybody have any comments on this one?
The Radeon X850 XT Platinum Edition 256 Mb and Gddr3.
For gaming such as Titan Quest and WOW. Good enough?

HS
14 answers Last reply
More about radeon x850 platinum edition
  1. first how much is it and where do you live?

such a card is now 3 Generations old and pretty worthless unless you can get it for like 50-80$.
  2. How much are you paying for it? If it's over 100, it's too much. That card is now 2 or 3 (depending on how you count) generations behind and shouldn't cost you a lot.
  3. Oh I thought this is a quite a new card. Now my budget is around $200, do u guys have any suggestions for me?
  4. Get this, Click Here

or if you think you can swing it this one.
  5. Hi its impossable to recomend any card to you without knowing what kind of system its going in.
    Please list system specs including psu and then we can help you.
    Mactronix
  6. Assuming you have a PCI-E slot, the X1950XT that IcY18 linked is pretty much a no-brainer for under $200. Just make sure you have the PSU to handle it.
  7. It is generations behind but its still pretty powerful, main defecit is that it DOESNT do Shader Model 3 (pretty lightning effects)

Get the x1950 or better still the 8800GTS

Hope that helps
  8. So which graphics card can support shader model 3? How about GForce 7600GS? Since I am not really a gamer but I like to play the TQ.

My system is:

AMD 64 3500 2.2 ghz
    1 gig ram
    asus gforce 7300 graphics card

I got lag when I use the asus graphics card. So I want to upgrade the graphics card but I dont want to spend too much money on that.

HS
  9. You still need to tell us how much you wanna spend....

Getting a 7600GS from a 7300GT will see ZERO improvement go for the X1950XT thats on newegg.com now for 150$

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102067

you will see big improvement in frame rates and quality.
  10. I want to spend within $200. I see the GForce 8500 at newegg not more than $100, is that one good?
  11. No, if you want it for its media capabilites maybe, but for games definitely not.

Believe me that X1950XT will just about kill anything with in that price range.
  12. ok then I pick that one thx
  13. No problem :wink:

-Xazax
  14. Quote:
    No, if you want it for its media capabilites maybe, but for games definitely not.

Believe me that X1950XT will just about kill anything with in that price range.

I don't know about ki....Eh, close enough. Can't really go wrong with that one.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Platinum Radeon Graphics Product