Ramdisk

n3psydaz

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2011
Hi, i have been looking in this forum for a detailed guide to setting up a ramdrive, but have been thus far unsuccesful.
Can anyone give me a detailed guide to Ramdisk?.. I already have a software installed from a link from the OZTechnologyForum.. but havent been able to set up a ramdrive.. I don't get the part when i have to mount the drive and format it.. I was trying to set up a ramdirve since i saw it helps gaming/ web browsing.

Also, can anyone give me some more gaming tweaks for window 7?
So far, i have disabled nagle algorithm, but are there more tweaks that can help with gaming? I dont lagg at all most of the time, but when i play P2P(peer to peer) games, there are some lagg issues.

I am using Window 7x64 with 6gb ram.

Thanks in advance,

n3psydaz

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2011
online.. and what do you mean are the games hosted on the fastest pc? the minimum requirement for the p2p game is at least 1g ram/ and 2g harddrive space.. i have 6gb ram and 1TB of space. yes my ping are usually low.. sometimes high when im multitasking.

If you are getting lag in online games, it's not the computer unless you have a slow video card. Almost all lag from online games comes from the server side or internet connection issues. Don't run downloads when playing online for example.

When you said peer to peer games, that means one computer to another, as opposed to a central connection game like an Unreal server or a MMORPG game. So when you run a peer to peer game with another PC, you want the game started on the faster PC. But from the sound of things, does not look like you meant exactly what you posted.