Asus Zenbook (UX32A-DB32) vs Sony Vaio T-Series (SVT13115FDS) ?

Softies

Honorable
Aug 25, 2012
I want to get an Ultrabook but I can't decide which one to get. Both the Zenbook and the Vaio are priced at $799.99 (CAD).

The trade off between the two is that the Zenbook offers 6GB of RAM and 500GB of HDD storage, while only having an i3 processor with Intel HD 3000.

On the other hand the Vaio has 4GB of RAM and 128GB of SSD storage, while only having an i5 processor with Intel HD 4000.

Now it comes to reliability of both products, I heard many good things about Asus and lots of bad things about Sony laptops, but the specs are quite nice on the Vaio.

I don't really know much about the build quality of both products.

Which one should I get? :(

alamakluke

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2008
I found your thread, I am in the same boat as you. The only difference is that I already bought the Asus Zenbook 3 days ago and I am testing it as I am typing this. Asus is a better brand by far to Sony in computers, but I do like the specs of that Sony, with the SSD and the 3rd gen i5 processor.

I will continue to play with this Asus and hopefully it does the trick for what I need it for. I am also looking for the some reviews on the Sony and cannot find any. :(