[ask] 8800GTS 320 MB Problem

i have a problem with my Asus en 8800GTS 320MB... when playing for a long time with it maybe 7 -8 hours, the game start to lag (im playing warcraft III (it should be no problem)) but my computer isnt lagging i can alt+tab and my winamp still running well and can still give commands to the units without any problem, but the graphics is lagging (in some game the game just closed)..... my VGA temp is 60-65C <-- normal isnt it
but when i restart my computer... the problem gone... so ? what is the problem....
system :
am2 athlon 64 4600+
DFI infinity ultra II
1 GB corsair
320 GB sata II & 160 GB ata HD
windows XP sp2
450W simcool cassing

thanks for any comments ^_^
14 answers Last reply
More about 8800gts problem
  1. Maybe you should take a break more often?

I've played Warcraft III before, if you play online too long it starts to lag for some reason. I think for me it was the network lagging, not the graphics. I'm not sure since I haven't played it since my old PC. (Pentium II 400mhz, 256mb RAM, ATi Rage 128) Sometimes I wonder how I played Warcraft III on that. :P
  2. warcraft III was an example... it still lag even if im not playing, like if im going to my office (and i left my PC on at home), when i come home from work then play warcraft the FPS was like droping... and other game (i play fable too) just closed......
    the point is my 8800GTS has a problem when turned on for about 7-8 hours, but my PC is doing fine... but when i restart my PC... the problem gone...
  3. Go to task manager and see how much memory and cpu usage you have. Could be a ememory leak
  4. Quote:
    Go to task manager and see how much memory and cpu usage you have. Could be a memory leak

Exactly what I was thinking. He mentioned the symptoms of a memory leak.

Close all the startup programs you can by going to run, type in msconfig, click on the startup tab, and click off anything not important. If that don't work shut down all programs in taskmanager that it lets you and see if you can play longer. You can do a guess in check till you find the program with the memory leak.
  5. A virtual memory insufficient maybe?

[Off topic]
    Note for your simcool 450W psu, it will blow your EN8800GTS 320 out. A friend of mine also used that psu and his 7300GT got burned and void the warranty of the vga. Careful.... :wink:
  6. all, thanks a lot for your replies.. gonna try that.... and post the result here soon ^_^

Quote:
    Note for your simcool 450W psu, it will blow your EN8800GTS 320 out. A friend of mine also used that psu and his 7300GT got burned and void the warranty of the vga. Careful...

wow... should i get a new PSU for the cassing ? if yes what PSU would u recommend?
  7. Quote:
    Quote:
    Note for your simcool 450W psu, it will blow your EN8800GTS 320 out. A friend of mine also used that psu and his 7300GT got burned and void the warranty of the vga. Careful...

wow... should i get a new PSU for the cassing ? if yes what PSU would u recommend?

Yes, absolutely. The link is here
    http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/PSU-101-102-ftopict198276.html

Are you from Indonesia? If yes, you can PM me. :wink:
  8. i do get the same lag as well if playing too long
    also when playing too long i also get an error message in game

"warning : low texture 3xmb"

game that i'm playing EQ1

my system :
    Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.070227-2254)
    Language: Chinese (Regional Setting: Chinese)
    System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
    System Model: 965P-S3
    BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6320 @ 1.86GHz (2 CPUs)
    Memory: 2046MB RAM
    Page File: 339MB used, 3599MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.2180 32bit Unicode

my resolution : 1440 x 900

any1 able to help please?
    thanks
  9. Quote:
    Quote:

Yes, absolutely. The link is here
    http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/PSU-101-102-ftopict198276.html

Are you from Indonesia? If yes, you can PM me. :wink:

could u PM me your messenger ID msn / ym :D
    yes im from indonesia
    i cant PM..until i have 50 post :?
  10. hi again guys, i check my mem usage at the task manager, nothing change when my warcraft lag or not, it still use the same amount of mem, +/- 140,000K

and how can i know if i have a memory leak or not ?
    and how to fix it ?

thanks again :D
  11. Why this ?
    Quote:
    AGP Status: Enabled
    Should be PCI-E enabled. Could be a bios problem...
  12. so what is the name of the option to turn on the PCI status @ bios ?
  13. Quote:
    i have a problem with my Asus en 8800GTS 320MB... when playing for a long time with it maybe 7 -8 hours, the game start to lag (im playing warcraft III (it should be no problem)) but my computer isnt lagging i can alt+tab and my winamp still running well and can still give commands to the units without any problem, but the graphics is lagging (in some game the game just closed)..... my VGA temp is 60-65C <-- normal isnt it
    but when i restart my computer... the problem gone... so ? what is the problem....

After 7-8 hours maybe your eyes are starting to lag...? :lol:
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Lag Games Graphics