Screensaver not loading

I recently noticed that my screensaver doesn't start. I have tried selecting
different savers as well as installing Plus! but my screensaver doesn't seem
to want to kick in. I have lowered the delay to 1 minute, but nothing. It
does oddly enough work if i'm logged out, but that kinda defeats the purpose.

I know this is trivial, but I don't want to damage my very expensive screen.
Besides, it used to work.

Thanks.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326719
Screen Saver May Not Start in Windows XP

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm#ss
Troubleshooting Screen Saver Issues in XP

Posting from another user by the name of David:
�I figured out what the problem is. It's the Microsoft Wireless Mouse. If I switch
the mouse to one with a tail the screensaver works.�
then David posted again
�I got a fix. I changed to connection to the computer using the USB to PS2 adapter
that came with the mouse. Now I get the screensaver. I would be interested to find
out why this works.�

"bulldawgkenny" <bulldawgkenny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently noticed that my screensaver doesn't start. I have tried selecting
> different savers as well as installing Plus! but my screensaver doesn't seem
> to want to kick in. I have lowered the delay to 1 minute, but nothing. It
> does oddly enough work if i'm logged out, but that kinda defeats the purpose.
>
> I know this is trivial, but I don't want to damage my very expensive screen.
> Besides, it used to work.
>
> Thanks.

Sure enough. When I change my newly installed MS wireless keyboard and mouse
from USB to PS/2, the screensaver started working again.

How odd. Leave it to Microsoft to make a piece of hardware that is "made"
for XP to confilict with XP.

DUH!!!!!

Thanks for the post.

"TaurArian" wrote:

> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;326719
> Screen Saver May Not Start in Windows XP
>
> http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_s.htm#ss
> Troubleshooting Screen Saver Issues in XP
>
> Posting from another user by the name of David:
> �I figured out what the problem is. It's the Microsoft Wireless Mouse. If I switch
> the mouse to one with a tail the screensaver works.�
> then David posted again
> �I got a fix. I changed to connection to the computer using the USB to PS2 adapter
> that came with the mouse. Now I get the screensaver. I would be interested to find
> out why this works.�
>

> "bulldawgkenny" <bulldawgkenny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I recently noticed that my screensaver doesn't start. I have tried selecting
> > different savers as well as installing Plus! but my screensaver doesn't seem
> > to want to kick in. I have lowered the delay to 1 minute, but nothing. It
> > does oddly enough work if i'm logged out, but that kinda defeats the purpose.
> >
> > I know this is trivial, but I don't want to damage my very expensive screen.
> > Besides, it used to work.
> >
> > Thanks.

The credit goes to David on that one.
Kaylene