Sign in with
Your question

antec 900 vs 3D aurora 570

Last response: in Components
June 27, 2007 10:22:24 AM

will after i dropped idea of getting a kandalf LCS it came down to these two...

which one should i get??

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1681...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1681...

is there any better cases at this price range??

More about : antec 900 aurora 570

June 27, 2007 10:34:53 AM

I picked up my Antec 900 yesterday and am seriously impressed but I have no experience of the other case so can not make a comparison.

One thing I will say is that the new 900's now have 2 drainage holes on the rear where as these pictures show just vents.
June 27, 2007 12:49:48 PM

It's more personal preference than anything really, i own the Antec 900 and really like, i've got 5 fans in it set to low, moves alot of air but is still quiet. To me the Antec looks way better than the Gigabyte, but the Gigabyte is also aluminum, it will be much lighter than the all steel Antec.

Also i picked up my Antec for under $100 which was a no brainer, but for $140 its not as appealing, for the price your considering with the Gigabyte i'd rahter get a Thermaltake Armor.

Maybe consider the Thermaltake Armor Jr., its all aluminum so it will be light, although i'm not sure how small or big it will be. The Thermaltake Armor will be very roomy and big.

List of Thermaltake Armors, arrange them by price and the first one will be the Armor Jr., the second, the cheapest full tower Armor.
Related resources
June 27, 2007 1:41:11 PM

Hi there, I've been a 900 user for a couple of months and I can tell you that this case is roomy, well ventilated and easy to use. There are 2 drawbacks I can think of :
- Being very well ventilated, It gets REALLY dusty inside, I mean REALLY;
- Power supply is sitting on the bottom of the case, so make sure your's have it's power cable inside long enough to reach power connectors on the board and devices (did'nt happen to since I bought a new power supply at the same time anyway, Antec Truepower trio 650w and cables are ok length-wise.)

However, considering the drawbacks I've just mentionned, I can only still recommend it for being great at everything else, I use a huge fanless cooler on my Radeon x1950 PRO and it happens to sit directly at the side panel fan.

Anyway, just my 2 cent, but if You ask, go for it! Great case
June 27, 2007 2:10:55 PM

I have a Nine Hundred and I'm very pleased with it. My temps went down 5C compared with my old case, not a bad one (a Thermaltake, can remember the name), but this one is a cooling monster. About the other one, can't say because never tested it.
June 27, 2007 3:36:59 PM

will here in israel the cheapest armor(not JR) costs 25$ more than both !!

so is it worth the extra cash??
June 27, 2007 4:10:28 PM

Quote:
will here in israel the cheapest armor(not JR) costs 25$ more than both !!

so is it worth the extra cash??

I did evaluate the armor as an option, but I prefer the Nine Hundred because:

- It has 2 intake fans
- The monster top fan of the Nine Hundred can't be matched by the armor
- I prefer the PSU in the bottom of the case
- You have to open the Armor's doors to access the DVD - floppy - whatever

So, my choice was the Nine Hundred. It comes down to each one's taste anyway.
June 27, 2007 9:17:11 PM

All i am saying is that for $140 the antec is not nearly as appealing to me as it was when i bought mine for $90. I prefer the Antec over the Gigabyte, but since he had a price range to $150 i suggested to get a Armor because its the exact same price, will have just as good of cooling with the same amount of fans and is much much more roomier. Its really hard to find case that both satisfies your taste and size requirement, while the Armor may not appeal the interior space benefit is undeniable.
June 27, 2007 10:06:26 PM

Wow, great find. Hard to beat at that price.

I love my 900, but I do wish there was better cable management.

-TyShoe
June 28, 2007 1:48:43 AM

do they ship to israel????????????? :cry: 

will th 900 costs 179$ here (the same as the 3d 570), the cheapest armor costs 202$ ~

at the price of the armor i can get an ANTEC P182, so if i want to pay the extra sould i consider the p182 or is it too small?
June 28, 2007 2:36:32 AM

Quote:

The Armor with the 25cm fan can match it. :p 
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E1681...

Seriously though, I have a buddy with a 900 and it's a very nice case, it cools really well. The main downfall I see with it is all the dust, but this is common in all cases with really good ventilation. Also, make sure your cables are of the correct length since the case mounts the psu on the bottom instead of top like most.
June 28, 2007 3:03:38 AM

Quote:

The Armor with the 25cm fan can match it. :p 
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E1681...

I seriously don't think a 25cm side fan (I imagine is an intake) could match a 25cm top outtake. Anyway, as I said before, never tested the armor.
June 28, 2007 3:49:01 AM

I would imagine a side 25cm fan would greatly aid in the cooling of the cpu and graphics card. I'll find out in a couple months when I'm done with my new build, cause that's the case I'm gunna use.
June 28, 2007 4:25:39 AM

The Antec looks to be a decent case.You might try looking at Riamax as well.They have some pretty nice cases for a decent buck.Goodluck.

Dahak

AMD X2 5600+ @ 2.8ghz(stock)
M2N32-SLI DELUXE MB
2 GIGS DDR2 800 RAM
THERMALTAKE 850WATT PSU
7950 GX2 560/1450
ACER 22IN. LCD
SMILIDON RAIDMAX GAMING CASE
80GIG/250gig SATA2 HD's
XP MCE
3DMARK05 14644
June 28, 2007 7:31:23 AM

Well I'll throw in my vote for the Aurora 570. I've had mine for a couple of months nows and it is perfect. I looks a lot nicer than the 900 imo as well.
June 28, 2007 8:56:27 PM

lits say that the p182 came into consideration, now is it a better choice than the 570?? ( i wont get the 900 after all)
is it cooler or just quieter??
!