My computer missing from Start menu

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaliszek

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
The My Computer Icon is missing from my Start Menu. I have tried the properties options on my Desktop. I've tried editing the registry. Nothing works. What is interesting is that in the Classic Start Menu it does show up, but I don't like that menu. Please help.

Kristine

dunklegend

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2005
Left click the start button, select an empty portion of the menu and right click go to properties, then customize, select the advanced tab, under My computer select the display as a link option, or display as a menu, whichever works better for you

kaliszek

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
I don't seem to have an empty portion of the menu; when I click on something it gives me information on that specific shortcut. If when to the properties right clicking on the Start button and trying to find what you are saying and it's not there. There's no My Computer under the advanced tab.

kaliszek

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2009
This is one thing I've already tried. There is no "My Computer" to check. I will tell you that this is in the classic menu. If I check the other menu, it does show up. Is there something I can copy and put in the classic menu?

Status
Not open for further replies.