IPSEC Services missing

I have installed multiple VPN softwares on my Windows XP SP2 these months to
access my corporate network, and they seemed work fine, but, may be, some of
them were not compatible with XP SP2. I recently started wireless networking
as well, and I thought some VPN softwares disturbed my wireless networking
sometimes and I have decided to uninstall those VPN softwares.
I had some difficulties to uninstall them, but at last I have uninstalled
them.

Then, I found another problem!

Now, I cannot see "IPSEC Services" in my services window at all. I can see
"lsass.exe" under C:\WINDOWS\system32 directory. However, I do not know how
to re-create "IPSEC Services".

Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about ipsec services missing

    Hi,

    Open a command prompt, then run:

    net start PolicyAgent

    What happens?

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "gen" <gen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have installed multiple VPN softwares on my Windows XP SP2 these months
    > access my corporate network, and they seemed work fine, but, may be, some
    > of
    > them were not compatible with XP SP2. I recently started wireless
    > networking
    > as well, and I thought some VPN softwares disturbed my wireless networking
    > sometimes and I have decided to uninstall those VPN softwares.
    > I had some difficulties to uninstall them, but at last I have uninstalled
    > them.
    >
    > Then, I found another problem!
    >
    > Now, I cannot see "IPSEC Services" in my services window at all. I can see
    > "lsass.exe" under C:\WINDOWS\system32 directory. However, I do not know
    > how
    > to re-create "IPSEC Services".
    >
    > Any suggestion will be highly appreciated.

VPN Windows XP