A handheld that accepts a PCMCIA card?

a b F Wireless
November 5, 2004 4:59:30 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.handhelds (More info?)

I use a wireless service that requires it's proprietary PCMCIA card.
I'm already paying for their wireless service and I want to be able to
check email and have Outlook in a handheld. The handheld would need to
have an OS that accepts Windows XP software. Any suggestions?
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
November 6, 2004 3:20:57 AM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.handhelds (More info?)

"Marjorie" <marjorie@twohundred.com> schreef in bericht
>I use a wireless service that requires it's proprietary PCMCIA card.
> I'm already paying for their wireless service and I want to be able to
> check email and have Outlook in a handheld. The handheld would need to
> have an OS that accepts Windows XP software. Any suggestions?

There are no pocket pc's with windows xp. xp is not available for pp.

There are compact flash and sd-cards with inbuild wifi.
sandisk has a sd wificard with 256 mb ram.

Just use the right software to spoof the mac nr off your pcmcia card,
and connect with pocketpc to you wireless provider.

do a google for spoofing....

Goodluck...

---
Email bericht is gescand voor verzending.
a b F Wireless
November 10, 2004 7:56:24 PM

Archived from groups: comp.sys.handhelds (More info?)

On 5 Nov 2004 13:59:30 -0800, marjorie@twohundred.com (Marjorie)
wrote:

>I use a wireless service that requires it's proprietary PCMCIA card.
>I'm already paying for their wireless service and I want to be able to
>check email and have Outlook in a handheld. The handheld would need to
>have an OS that accepts Windows XP software. Any suggestions?

If you need to be sure a computer will run Windows XP software, then
you need a computer running Windows XP. Windows 2000 will support
many/most, but not _all_ Windows XP software. Windows CE/Pocket PC
will support _none_. I'm pretty sure at least one facility exists to
let Linux run Windows programs (WINE?), and assume it will be pretty
good.

With that in mind, check out:
http://www.mobilevillage.com/news/2004.10.22/OQOxppda.h...
I've seen at least one competitor, but don't remember details.

Robert E. Zaret, eMVP
PenFact, Inc.
500 Harrison Ave., Suite 3R
Boston, MA 02118