Sign in with
Your question

BAD_POOL_HEADER in Windows XP Home Edition

Last response: in Windows XP
November 17, 2009 10:08:09 PM

I bought new Dell 2330d laser printer for use with a Dell Inspiron 8600. Placed the printer software CD into the CD Drive and immediately got blue screen with "BAD_POOL_HEADER" and "STOP: 0x00000019 (0x00000020, 0xFF3AC478, 0FF3AC490, 0x1A030007)."

Dell had me run a hardware diagnostic and all hardware checked-out as OK. Since there was not a hardwar problem, Dell said I needed to reload the entire operating system (Windows XP Home Edition), including all drivers, programs, etc. Surely, there has to be a simplier solution. I downloaded the Microsoft Debugging Tool for Windows XP (32 bit), but that was like a foreign language.

Can someone help - Please! I am a computer novice, so make it as simple as possible.
November 18, 2009 2:35:08 PM

did you installed the printer software?
If you did try uninstalling it, and just turning the printer on.
A lot of these printers are plug and play, as soon as you turn it on, it will try to recognize it and install drivers for it.
The printer software disc usually has a lot of bloated applications that just slow down your computer, that's why I don't install it.

If you turn on the printer and it doesn't install successfully, then try to download just the driver for the printer, not the whole suite of printing applications.
m
l
November 18, 2009 4:10:40 PM

dunklegend said:
did you installed the printer software?
If you did try uninstalling it, and just turning the printer on.
A lot of these printers are plug and play, as soon as you turn it on, it will try to recognize it and install drivers for it.
The printer software disc usually has a lot of bloated applications that just slow down your computer, that's why I don't install it.

If you turn on the printer and it doesn't install successfully, then try to download just the driver for the printer, not the whole suite of printing applications.

No, I did not innstall the printer software. As soon as the CD started spinning, I got the blue screen.
m
l
November 18, 2009 4:35:06 PM

Try to use your printer without installing it, a lot of printers work without the manufacturer software, all you need is the driver.
m
l
!