Free respec tomorrow!!!

Last response: in Video Games
April 29, 2005 5:48:37 AM

They will be giving out a free respec tomorrow (Friday). If you have a
Christmas one left over, use it. The free anniversary respec will replace
the Christmas one.

See the announcement http://tinyurl.com/dzyfy
--
Marcel and Moogli

More about : free respec tomorrow

Anonymous
April 29, 2005 6:38:32 AM

"Marcel Beaudoin" <mbeauINVALID@Sympatic.INVALID.ca> wrote:
> They will be giving out a free respec tomorrow (Friday). If you have a
> Christmas one left over, use it. The free anniversary respec will replace
> the Christmas one.

What time is this supposed to kick in? I'm at work and don't get home until
after 6pm HST which I believe is after midnight EST.

--
8 Infinity Server 8
Purple Kid - Lvl 30 - M - Magic Blaster - Energy/Energy (Sweet Steel Justice

> Pinnacle Server <
Frigid B Itch - lvl4 - Mutant Tanker - Ice/Ice
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 7:47:46 AM

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 02:38:32 GMT, "Hawaii_SE-R" <WhyUGottaSpam@Me.com>
scribed into the ether:

>"Marcel Beaudoin" <mbeauINVALID@Sympatic.INVALID.ca> wrote:
>> They will be giving out a free respec tomorrow (Friday). If you have a
>> Christmas one left over, use it. The free anniversary respec will replace
>> the Christmas one.
>
>What time is this supposed to kick in? I'm at work and don't get home until
>after 6pm HST which I believe is after midnight EST.

Would probably be at normal maintence time, which is about 6am pacific, 3am
hawaii.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 9:39:09 AM

Marcel Beaudoin wrote:
> They will be giving out a free respec tomorrow (Friday). If you have
> Christmas one left over, use it. The free anniversary respec will
replace
> the Christmas one.

So it isn't a free respec for those of us who didn't use the first one.
BFD.
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 9:45:08 AM

Marcel Beaudoin <mbeauINVALID@Sympatic.INVALID.ca> wrote:
> They will be giving out a free respec tomorrow (Friday). If you have a
> Christmas one left over, use it. The free anniversary respec will
> replace the Christmas one.

I never got any Christmas respec... only the one that came with I3.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 29 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 05:45:08 -0000, Shenanigunner
<shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote:

>Marcel Beaudoin <mbeauINVALID@Sympatic.INVALID.ca> wrote:
>> They will be giving out a free respec tomorrow (Friday). If you have a
>> Christmas one left over, use it. The free anniversary respec will
>> replace the Christmas one.
>
>I never got any Christmas respec... only the one that came with I3.

That's odd. My account was deactivated at that time and I still had
the respec there when I came back. *shrug* Try typing /respec just to
be sure?

--
Dark Tyger

Stop the madness! (Marvel Vs Cryptic Studios petition)
http://www.petitiononline.com/marvscoh/petition.html

Hey, everyone else is doing it. Free iPod:
http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=15728814
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 10:45:53 AM

Shenanigunner wrote:
> Marcel Beaudoin <mbeauINVALID@Sympatic.INVALID.ca> wrote:
>> They will be giving out a free respec tomorrow (Friday). If you have a
>> Christmas one left over, use it. The free anniversary respec will
>> replace the Christmas one.
>
> I never got any Christmas respec... only the one that came with I3.

That's the one he means. It was originally going to be at Christmas
when I3 was expected to be released but then it was delayed along with
I3.

--
John Parkinson
Anonymous

On 29 Apr 2005 06:45:53 GMT, John Parkinson
<jp--usenet--spam--trap@destiny.org.uk> wrote:

>Shenanigunner wrote:
>> Marcel Beaudoin <mbeauINVALID@Sympatic.INVALID.ca> wrote:
>>> They will be giving out a free respec tomorrow (Friday). If you have a
>>> Christmas one left over, use it. The free anniversary respec will
>>> replace the Christmas one.
>>
>> I never got any Christmas respec... only the one that came with I3.
>
>That's the one he means. It was originally going to be at Christmas
>when I3 was expected to be released but then it was delayed along with
>I3.

Oh, right, I should learn to better read what people are saying before
I reply to their post. Disregard my reply, Shen

--

"John Parkinson" <jp--usenet--spam--trap@destiny.org.uk> wrote in message
| Shenanigunner wrote:
| > Marcel Beaudoin <mbeauINVALID@Sympatic.INVALID.ca> wrote:
| >> They will be giving out a free respec tomorrow (Friday). If you have a
| >> Christmas one left over, use it. The free anniversary respec will
| >> replace the Christmas one.
| >
| > I never got any Christmas respec... only the one that came with I3.
|
| That's the one he means. It was originally going to be at Christmas
| when I3 was expected to be released but then it was delayed along with
| I3.
|
| --
| John Parkinson

Of course, the question nagging me in the back of my brain is...

"They offered the Christmas Free-Respec as an apology for nerfing Scrappers
and swapping TAUNT with PROVOKE for both Tankers & Scrappers"... SO...

What is getting Mega-Whacked with the NERF-BAT this time?
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 3:45:31 PM

Shenanigunner <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote in

> Marcel Beaudoin <mbeauINVALID@Sympatic.INVALID.ca> wrote:
>> They will be giving out a free respec tomorrow (Friday). If you have a
>> Christmas one left over, use it. The free anniversary respec will
>> replace the Christmas one.
>
> I never got any Christmas respec... only the one that came with I3.

My bad. I only remember it being called the Christmas respes. My memory was
(and still is) kinda fuzzy as to when it came out.

--
Marcel
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/

"George Johnson" <matrix29@voyager.net> wrote in

> Of course, the question nagging me in the back of my brain is...
>
> "They offered the Christmas Free-Respec as an apology for nerfing
> Scrappers and swapping TAUNT with PROVOKE for both Tankers &
> Scrappers"... SO...
>
> What is getting Mega-Whacked with the NERF-BAT this time?

Umm, off the top of my head (forums down so I can't confirm)

Elude and MoG are no longer able to be made perma. Recharge timer is now
1000 sec IIRC.

--
Marcel
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/

George Johnson wrote:
> "John Parkinson" <jp--usenet--spam--trap@destiny.org.uk> wrote in message
>| Shenanigunner wrote:
>| >
>| > I never got any Christmas respec... only the one that came with I3.
>|
>| That's the one he means. It was originally going to be at Christmas
>| when I3 was expected to be released but then it was delayed along with
>| I3.
>|
>| --
>| John Parkinson
>
> Of course, the question nagging me in the back of my brain is...
>
> "They offered the Christmas Free-Respec as an apology for nerfing Scrappers
> and swapping TAUNT with PROVOKE for both Tankers & Scrappers"... SO...
>
> What is getting Mega-Whacked with the NERF-BAT this time?

Regen is getting Enhancements efficiency in Integration and Instant
Healing halved once again.

SuperSpeed and SuperJump are getting the same 50% acc debuff that Fly
has.

MoG, Elude no longer anywhere near permable.

--
John Parkinson
Anonymous

On 29 Apr 2005 13:24:22 GMT, John Parkinson
<jp--usenet--spam--trap@destiny.org.uk> wrote:

>George Johnson wrote:
>> "John Parkinson" <jp--usenet--spam--trap@destiny.org.uk> wrote in message

>>| That's the one he means. It was originally going to be at Christmas
>>| when I3 was expected to be released but then it was delayed along with
>>| I3.
>>|
>>| --
>>| John Parkinson
>>
>> Of course, the question nagging me in the back of my brain is...
>>
>> "They offered the Christmas Free-Respec as an apology for nerfing Scrappers
>> and swapping TAUNT with PROVOKE for both Tankers & Scrappers"... SO...
>>
>> What is getting Mega-Whacked with the NERF-BAT this time?
>
>Regen is getting Enhancements efficiency in Integration and Instant
>Healing halved once again.

However, it's not as bad as it sounds. A regen scrapper on Test can
still handle invincible missions with relative ease.

--
Dark Tyger

Stop the madness! (Marvel Vs Cryptic Studios petition)
http://www.petitiononline.com/marvscoh/petition.html

Hey, everyone else is doing it. Free iPod:
http://www.freeiPods.com/?r=15728814
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 5:55:10 PM

Matt Frisch wrote:
> On 29 Apr 2005 05:39:09 -0700, "Scorcho" <toxaristhrasoe@yahoo.com>
scribed
> into the ether:
>

> >Marcel Beaudoin wrote:
> >> They will be giving out a free respec tomorrow (Friday). If you
have
> >> Christmas one left over, use it. The free anniversary respec will
> >replace
> >> the Christmas one.
> >>

> >So it isn't a free respec for those of us who didn't use the first
one.
> > BFD.
>
> So, use the first one, and bank this new one for later.

They didn't give us enough time to know to use the first one. That's
the point. This one overwrites the first one, so I'm left with only
one.
Anonymous
April 29, 2005 6:55:50 PM

On Thu, 28 Apr 2005 20:57:33 -0400, George Johnson
<matrix29@voyager.net> wrote:

> Of course, the question nagging me in the back of my brain is...
>
> "They offered the Christmas Free-Respec as an apology for nerfing Scrappers
> and swapping TAUNT with PROVOKE for both Tankers & Scrappers"... SO...
>
> What is getting Mega-Whacked with the NERF-BAT this time?

Regen scrappers' amount of enhancible healing for certain powers.
Moment of Glory, Elude, and Light Form are becoming unpermable.
Superspeed and Superjump are getting big whacking -50% Acc penalties.

(Assuming they don't change their mind on any or all of the above.)

--
Chris Meadows aka | Homepage: http://www.terrania.us
Robotech_Master |
| http://www.terrania.us/conga.html
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 12:38:05 AM

On 29 Apr 2005 05:39:09 -0700, "Scorcho" <toxaristhrasoe@yahoo.com> scribed
into the ether:

>Marcel Beaudoin wrote:
>> They will be giving out a free respec tomorrow (Friday). If you have
>> Christmas one left over, use it. The free anniversary respec will
>replace
>> the Christmas one.
>>

>So it isn't a free respec for those of us who didn't use the first one.
> BFD.

So, use the first one, and bank this new one for later.
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 2:54:31 AM

"Scorcho" <toxaristhrasoe@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> They didn't give us enough time to know to use the first one. That's
> the point. This one overwrites the first one, so I'm left with only
> one.

If I didn't hang out here I wouldn't know what do do with one...

A couple of lightning characters are getting their ball lightnings traded
out...

Also if you earn a respect, say via Terra volta, you would then have 2
respecs. My main is in that happy situation.

--
John Trauger,
Vorlonagent

"Methane martini.
Shaken, not stirred."

chat: @vorlonagent

Vorlonagent (M), level 25 Blaster (Electric/Energy), Guardian
NightfalI (M), Level 17 Defender (Dark/Dark), Pinnacle
RolIing Thunder (F), Level 18 Defender (Storm/Electric), Infinity
Steel Night (M), Level 17 Tanker (Invulnerable/Super-Strength), Virtue
MC-2 (F), Level 16 Blaster (Force/Fire), Protector
lmpact (F), Level 16 Blaster (Gun/Energy), Virtue
Girl at the Bar (F), Level 12 Controller (Mind/Empathy), Triumph
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 3:32:22 AM

"Vorlonagent" <jt@otfresno.com> wrote:
> A couple of lightning characters are getting their ball lightnings
> traded out...

Yep. Pretty useless, if spectacular. "Watch, guys! I'm going to tickle the
whole mob at once!"

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 29 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= RorShok: Level 17 Natural Scrapper, MA/SR, M =-
-= R A Heinlein: Level 9 Science Controller, Ill/Rad, M =-
-= Always looking for reliable teammates - look me up! =-
-= See you on HEROICA! - http://www.dgath.com/coh/ =-
-= The Keybind & Macro Guide is now available! =-
Anonymous
May 4, 2005 11:32:11 PM

"Shenanigunner" <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote in message
> "Vorlonagent" <jt@otfresno.com> wrote:
>> A couple of lightning characters are getting their ball lightnings
>> traded out...
>
> Yep. Pretty useless, if spectacular. "Watch, guys! I'm going to tickle the
> whole mob at once!"

I sometimes get into the whole "hero" thing and intevene against villains
radically below my level.

It's nice for dropping a no-exp group of lowbie villains in one shot.

That's about it.

I think the devs got TOO concerned about area-effects damage and
overcompensated.

--
John Trauger,
Vorlonagent

"Methane martini.
Shaken, not stirred."

chat: @vorlonagent

Vorlonagent (M), level 25 Blaster (Electric/Energy), Guardian
NightfalI (M), Level 17 Defender (Dark/Dark), Pinnacle
RolIing Thunder (F), Level 18 Defender (Storm/Electric), Infinity
Steel Night (M), Level 17 Tanker (Invulnerable/Super-Strength), Virtue
MC-2 (F), Level 16 Blaster (Force/Fire), Protector
lmpact (F), Level 16 Blaster (Gun/Energy), Virtue
Girl at the Bar (F), Level 12 Controller (Mind/Empathy), Triumph
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 12:34:10 PM

On Wed, 04 May 2005 19:32:11 GMT, "Vorlonagent" <jt@otfresno.com> wrote:

>"Shenanigunner" <shenanigunner@NOdgathSPAM.kom> wrote in message
>> "Vorlonagent" <jt@otfresno.com> wrote:
>>> A couple of lightning characters are getting their ball lightnings
>>> traded out...
>>
>> Yep. Pretty useless, if spectacular. "Watch, guys! I'm going to tickle the
>> whole mob at once!"
>

>I sometimes get into the whole "hero" thing and intevene against villains
>radically below my level.
>
>It's nice for dropping a no-exp group of lowbie villains in one shot.
>
>That's about it.
>
>I think the devs got TOO concerned about area-effects damage and
>overcompensated.

I think it's in the set for the Defenders. I know Mr Physics, my
Rad/Elec, gets a whole lot of use out of it. But then, tactics for a
soloing Rad defender are radically different from most Blasters.
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 9:55:47 PM

"Greg Johnson" <greg.gsj@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 04 May 2005 19:32:11 GMT, "Vorlonagent" <jt@otfresno.com> wrote:
>
> I think it's in the set for the Defenders. I know Mr Physics, my
> Rad/Elec, gets a whole lot of use out of it. But then, tactics for a
> soloing Rad defender are radically different from most Blasters.

It is. Rolling Thunder, my Storm/Lightning Defender has it.

As far as I know, the Defender's lightning secondary is the same as the
Blaster primary.

How do you coax actual, effective use from Ball Lightning?

--
John Trauger,
Vorlonagent

"Methane martini.
Shaken, not stirred."

chat: @vorlonagent

Vorlonagent (M), level 25 Blaster (Electric/Energy), Guardian
RolIing Thunder (F), Level 18 Defender (Storm/Electric), Infinity
NightfalI (M), Level 17 Defender (Dark/Dark), Pinnacle
Steel Night (M), Level 17 Tanker (Invulnerable/Super-Strength), Virtue
MC-2 (F), Level 16 Blaster (Force/Fire), Protector
lmpact (F), Level 16 Blaster (Gun/Energy), Virtue
Girl at the Bar (F), Level 12 Controller (Mind/Empathy), Triumph
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 6:10:27 AM

On Thu, 05 May 2005 17:55:47 GMT, "Vorlonagent" <jt@otfresno.com> scribed
into the ether:

>"Greg Johnson" <greg.gsj@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 04 May 2005 19:32:11 GMT, "Vorlonagent" <jt@otfresno.com> wrote:
>>
>> I think it's in the set for the Defenders. I know Mr Physics, my
>> Rad/Elec, gets a whole lot of use out of it. But then, tactics for a
>> soloing Rad defender are radically different from most Blasters.
>

>It is. Rolling Thunder, my Storm/Lightning Defender has it.
>
>As far as I know, the Defender's lightning secondary is the same as the
>Blaster primary.

Well, except that secondaries are only 75% strength of a primary.

>How do you coax actual, effective use from Ball Lightning?

With a Rad Defender, it would be with the use of Accelerate Metabolism, and
Enervating Field. The combination of those two abilities raises the damage
by, hmm, 60% or so. A big boost.
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 4:39:01 PM

On Thu, 05 May 2005 17:55:47 GMT, "Vorlonagent" <jt@otfresno.com> wrote:

>"Greg Johnson" <greg.gsj@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> On Wed, 04 May 2005 19:32:11 GMT, "Vorlonagent" <jt@otfresno.com> wrote:
>>
>> I think it's in the set for the Defenders. I know Mr Physics, my
>> Rad/Elec, gets a whole lot of use out of it. But then, tactics for a
>> soloing Rad defender are radically different from most Blasters.
>

>It is. Rolling Thunder, my Storm/Lightning Defender has it.
>
>As far as I know, the Defender's lightning secondary is the same as the
>Blaster primary.
>
>How do you coax actual, effective use from Ball Lightning?

Start with Accelerate Metabolism before every battle (mine is more or
less perma now). Approach with Stealth on. Apply Radiation Infection to
the centre target and drop Stealth - they mainly can't hit you now
anyway. Use Short Circuit to remove endurance, then Enervating Field to
increase your damage. Alternate between Ball Lightning and Short
Circuit, and drop RI as soon as they're all out of endurance, since they
can't hit you then anyway. Ball Lightning doesn't do all that much
damage, but it reinforces the endurance drain of Short Circuit, and the
combination means that you can sit in the middle of a group of yellows
and oranges just about indefinitely without ever actually being in
danger. This build does need Hasten, since otherwise you won't be able
to maintain the endurance draining fast enough to guarantee your
continued safety.
Anonymous
May 6, 2005 4:41:57 PM

On Fri, 06 May 2005 02:10:27 GMT, Matt Frisch
<matuse73@yahoo.spam.me.not.com> wrote:

>On Thu, 05 May 2005 17:55:47 GMT, "Vorlonagent" <jt@otfresno.com> scribed
>into the ether:
>

>>"Greg Johnson" <greg.gsj@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> On Wed, 04 May 2005 19:32:11 GMT, "Vorlonagent" <jt@otfresno.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I think it's in the set for the Defenders. I know Mr Physics, my
>>> Rad/Elec, gets a whole lot of use out of it. But then, tactics for a
>>> soloing Rad defender are radically different from most Blasters.
>>
>>It is. Rolling Thunder, my Storm/Lightning Defender has it.
>>
>>As far as I know, the Defender's lightning secondary is the same as the
>>Blaster primary.
>
>Well, except that secondaries are only 75% strength of a primary.

With lightning, the Defenders also get extra bonus endurance draining
over what a Blaster can get. I think that was patched near the start of
Issue 3.

>>How do you coax actual, effective use from Ball Lightning?
>
>With a Rad Defender, it would be with the use of Accelerate Metabolism, and
>Enervating Field. The combination of those two abilities raises the damage
>by, hmm, 60% or so. A big boost.

Yes, but it's quite usable even without EF if you're combining it with
Short Circuit. It just takes longer to kill things.
!