DELL INSPIRON 1750 WONT SHUT DOWN

Hi

I have a dell inspiron 1750 lpatop that is about 1 month old and i came shipped with vista, i decided to change it back to XP as some of my programs wouldnt install on a 64bit OS. I managed to install all drivers etc and get it functioning except it wouldnt shutdown correctly.

Occasionally it shutsdown correctly normally if i just boot it up then restart ti straight away but 9 times out of 10 it gets to windows is shutting down then freezes....

Can anyone suggest what to do? Ive tried removing all software thats installed so i think it could be a driver issue but how do i work out whats causing it?

Thanks

Dan
3 answers Last reply
More about dell inspiron 1750 wont shut down
  1. Ive also tried a repair on XP and have tried removing the VGA and netowkr drivers from device manager with no luck!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
  2. Your laptop is not old. It should still be under warranty.
    Try Dell's support, try the chat option, (use a different computer because you'll be rebooting) and explain your problem.
    If they can't help then come back, and we'll try to help.
  3. dunklegend said:
    Your laptop is not old. It should still be under warranty.
    Try Dell's support, try the chat option, (use a different computer because you'll be rebooting) and explain your problem.
    If they can't help then come back, and we'll try to help.

Hi, thanks for the reply, i dont think Dell would wanna know as it ships with Vista only and dell dont supply any drivers for XP i had to use butchered drivers from other models.

However i have fixed the issue by going into device manager and deleting every possible item that has some sort of driver associated to it and then rebooted and all worked so i let it install one device at a time and it still seems to reboot.... it is slightly slow at doing this but not the end of the world.

Thanks again!

Dan
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Dell Inspiron Windows Vista Shutdown Windows XP