Sign in with
Your question

DELL INSPIRON 1750 WONT SHUT DOWN

Last response: in Windows XP
November 19, 2009 9:05:35 AM

Hi

I have a dell inspiron 1750 lpatop that is about 1 month old and i came shipped with vista, i decided to change it back to XP as some of my programs wouldnt install on a 64bit OS. I managed to install all drivers etc and get it functioning except it wouldnt shutdown correctly.

Occasionally it shutsdown correctly normally if i just boot it up then restart ti straight away but 9 times out of 10 it gets to windows is shutting down then freezes....

Can anyone suggest what to do? Ive tried removing all software thats installed so i think it could be a driver issue but how do i work out whats causing it?

Thanks

Dan
November 19, 2009 11:18:59 AM

Ive also tried a repair on XP and have tried removing the VGA and netowkr drivers from device manager with no luck!

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
November 19, 2009 6:01:14 PM

Your laptop is not old. It should still be under warranty.
Try Dell's support, try the chat option, (use a different computer because you'll be rebooting) and explain your problem.
If they can't help then come back, and we'll try to help.
November 19, 2009 7:59:44 PM

dunklegend said:
Your laptop is not old. It should still be under warranty.
Try Dell's support, try the chat option, (use a different computer because you'll be rebooting) and explain your problem.
If they can't help then come back, and we'll try to help.

Hi, thanks for the reply, i dont think Dell would wanna know as it ships with Vista only and dell dont supply any drivers for XP i had to use butchered drivers from other models.

However i have fixed the issue by going into device manager and deleting every possible item that has some sort of driver associated to it and then rebooted and all worked so i let it install one device at a time and it still seems to reboot.... it is slightly slow at doing this but not the end of the world.

Thanks again!

Dan
!