MS Photo Editor to default . . .

Please . . .
How do I set MS Photo Editor as the default "editor" from "Windows Picture
and Fax Viewer"?
Right now clicking on the ..Pciture and Fax Viewer editor button - Ctl 'E'
(second button from right) defaults to MS Paint.

Thank you!
Wayne
4 answers Last reply
More about photo editor default

    Hi Wayne,

    If you want to use Picture Viewer as you photo viewer right click on a
    file type such as jpg and select Open With - Choose Program - Windows
    Picture and fax viewer, then put a check mark in the box next to
    "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file". The next
    time you click on a jpg file it will open in Picture Viewer.

    --
    Regards,
    Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

    Wayne G. Dengel wrote:
    > Please . . .
    > How do I set MS Photo Editor as the default "editor" from
    > "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer"?
    > Right now clicking on the ..Pciture and Fax Viewer editor
    > button - Ctl 'E' (second button from right) defaults to
    > MS Paint.
    > Thank you!
    > Wayne

    Normally files are opened. The verb is Open. However P&F Viewer uses edit as it takes Open itself.

    Look here
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\image\shell\edit\command

    We don't know what you've done with your computer.
    "Wayne G. Dengel" <wgd@verizon.net> wrote in message news:XO_te.3412$1q2.2897@trnddc01...
    > Please . . .
    > How do I set MS Photo Editor as the default "editor" from "Windows Picture
    > and Fax Viewer"?
    > Right now clicking on the ..Pciture and Fax Viewer editor button - Ctl 'E'
    > (second button from right) defaults to MS Paint.
    >
    > Thank you!
    > Wayne

    Wayne,

    Change the default image editor application, invoked from Windows Picture
    and Fax Viewer:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/imgeditor.htm

    --
    Ramesh, MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    Windows XP Troubleshooting
    http://www.winhelponline.com

    "Wayne G. Dengel" <wgd@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Please . . .
    > How do I set MS Photo Editor as the default "editor" from "Windows Picture
    > and Fax Viewer"?
    > Right now clicking on the ..Pciture and Fax Viewer editor button - Ctl 'E'
    > (second button from right) defaults to MS Paint.
    >
    > Thank you!
    > Wayne

    David:

    on Picture and FAX Viewer was gone - defaulted to Paint. Changed back to
    Pic & FAX Viewer. Meanwhile the editor still reverts to Paint.

    Wayne

    "David Candy" <.> wrote in message
    Normally files are opened. The verb is Open. However P&F Viewer uses edit as
    it takes Open itself.

    Look here
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\image\shell\edit\command

    We don't know what you've done with your computer.
    "Wayne G. Dengel" <wgd@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Please . . .
    > How do I set MS Photo Editor as the default "editor" from "Windows Picture
    > and Fax Viewer"?
    > Right now clicking on the ..Pciture and Fax Viewer editor button - Ctl 'E'
    > (second button from right) defaults to MS Paint.
    >
    > Thank you!
    > Wayne

Default Photo Fax Windows XP