  • Photo
  • Fax
  • Windows XP
June 22, 2005 12:31:51 AM

Please . . .
How do I set MS Photo Editor as the default "editor" from "Windows Picture
and Fax Viewer"?
Right now clicking on the ..Pciture and Fax Viewer editor button - Ctl 'E'
(second button from right) defaults to MS Paint.

Thank you!
Wayne

More about : photo editor default

Anonymous
June 22, 2005 12:31:52 AM

Hi Wayne,

If you want to use Picture Viewer as you photo viewer right click on a
file type such as jpg and select Open With - Choose Program - Windows
Picture and fax viewer, then put a check mark in the box next to
"Always use the selected program to open this kind of file". The next
time you click on a jpg file it will open in Picture Viewer.

--
Regards,
Bert Kinney MS-MVP Shell/User

Wayne G. Dengel wrote:
> Please . . .
> How do I set MS Photo Editor as the default "editor" from
> "Windows Picture and Fax Viewer"?
> Right now clicking on the ..Pciture and Fax Viewer editor
> button - Ctl 'E' (second button from right) defaults to
> MS Paint.
> Thank you!
> Wayne
Anonymous
June 22, 2005 11:19:15 AM

Normally files are opened. The verb is Open. However P&F Viewer uses edit as it takes Open itself.

Look here
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\SystemFileAssociations\image\shell\edit\command

We don't know what you've done with your computer.
"Wayne G. Dengel" <wgd@verizon.net> wrote in message news:XO_te.3412$1q2.2897@trnddc01...
> Please . . .
> How do I set MS Photo Editor as the default "editor" from "Windows Picture
> and Fax Viewer"?
> Right now clicking on the ..Pciture and Fax Viewer editor button - Ctl 'E'
> (second button from right) defaults to MS Paint.
>
> Thank you!
> Wayne

June 22, 2005 2:19:26 PM

Wayne,

Change the default image editor application, invoked from Windows Picture
and Fax Viewer:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/imgeditor.htm

--
Ramesh, MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

Windows XP Troubleshooting
http://www.winhelponline.com

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/newsgroup...

"Wayne G. Dengel" <wgd@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Please . . .
> How do I set MS Photo Editor as the default "editor" from "Windows Picture
> and Fax Viewer"?
> Right now clicking on the ..Pciture and Fax Viewer editor button - Ctl 'E'
> (second button from right) defaults to MS Paint.
>
> Thank you!
> Wayne

Anonymous
June 25, 2005 12:34:39 AM

David:

on Picture and FAX Viewer was gone - defaulted to Paint. Changed back to
Pic & FAX Viewer. Meanwhile the editor still reverts to Paint.

Wayne

!