Kapersky avp.exe is out of control

Status
Not open for further replies.

evillemon325

Distinguished
May 19, 2011
I've had Kapersky for about two months on this new computer, and after a slew of downloading suspicous files off 3rd party little known download sites, lo and behold I get virus detected.

It says disinfected though, but I wanted to be sure and ran a quick scan. After it turned up nothing, I started a full scan in both Kapersky and windows defender. Didn't find anything, but now ever since my computer has been running incredibly slowly. I checked resource managament and found that Kapersky avp.exe is eating up 50-90% of my CPU power!

I looked it up, and apparetely this can happen when kapersky conflicts with another anti-virus program like windows defender. Now its in constant scanning, and won't let me suspend the process, and Kapersky itself claims it isn't scanning.

How do I kill it?

chaorace

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2011
Two AV programs running at once will attack each other like two bears.
Also, there is the possibility that Kapersky itself has been infected or that a rootkit is hiding the program from the tasklist...

paulindallas

Distinguished
Sep 19, 2011
I have a similar problem. Running Kaspersky Pure with XP SP3 for about 2 months and computer is running slower and slower.

Sometimes computer hangs on shutdown and AVP.EXE appears to be the problem. I read on another forum that adjusting the firewall controls solved the problem but there was no detail.
What can you suggest if the problem is AVP.EXE

jacflash

Honorable
May 18, 2012
Open Kaspersky - click on the Setting icon near the top right of screen, then click on envelope icon for Advanced Settings, click on Compatibiltiy - uncheck Enable Advanced Disinfection Technology and check Concede Resourses to Other Resources. I found this on another forum and tried it and the avp.exe seems to have calmed down at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.