Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Matshita DVD RAM UJ-850S ATA Device problems - Page 2

Last response: in Storage
February 3, 2009 5:56:12 PM

Same thing happened to me.Thanks for taking the time to find a solution,so I didn't have to.It works fine now.
February 12, 2009 9:03:24 PM

I want to thank you so much!! My coverage plan expired a month ago leaving me helpless to this problem. I am so grateful to have found this incredibly easy to follow solution. Sony wanted to charge me 30 dollars to talk to infuriating tech support. Yeah right!

You rock!
February 24, 2009 1:29:11 PM

For all you still having problems recording after the first fix try:
right clicking on the drive
selecting proprerties
then click on the recording tab
I had to 'enable' desktop recording in order to get my drive to start recording again. I have an IBM Thinkpad but this option might be available on yours as well (no guarantees)
Also I am in XP.

For me the first fix only helped me get the drive to recognize. After that, I came back and much to my disappointment, the only other help offered was reposting the orignal fix. This is NOT helpful. Some of us still have the problem, and are looking for any other tips. This is why I posted this. Because its DIFFERENT from the original first fix (or another option to try)

You might think you are helping by quoting the fix but you are not. It wastes everyone's time and fills up a forum with the exact same information.

I do want to thank Othman with his fix as it made the drive functional again. But in my case there were further things to do. Please realize this before you waste data reposting.

Thanks
Related resources
February 25, 2009 11:49:30 PM

Thanks so much!!

I know little about computers, but was experiencing the exact problem with my internal CD drive. Several computer "fix it" places couldn't help me.

Then when I sprung for an external drive my computer would not recognize it. Very Sad.

Your advice was scarily technical, and being the web, questionably correct, but I took the dive and

You're A God, Othman!

Now both internal and external drive work perfectly.

Thanks again

Anonymous
a b G Storage
March 1, 2009 3:57:58 AM

The best fix I found for this drive was to accept that it is a worthless piece of ..er.. garbage. It can write or not write dvds at will. To record one dual layer dvd took me to waste three blanks ( I was just curious so persisted after first time it recorded 80% and then errored out). That is not to say dual layer recorders are very reliable generally but this one is the first I am having a real problem with. Never sure if it will end recording it started.
So accepting it I bought usb DVD drive from LG (admittently not the best choice but reasonably priced -$80) and since then do not spend my nervous system every time I want to make a recording. Considering hrs I spent trying to find what is the problem with Matshita or looking for a driver replacement I say its a bargain. Dont remember ever having such unpredictable results with any other drives I had in the past.
March 2, 2009 5:16:57 PM

I agree it is a POS. Sometimes its the only option you have. I use this as a work machine so if I really need to burn I use my home machine and ImgBurn and the results are always perfect.

When a product has S**T in its name, you know what to expect
March 3, 2009 5:15:41 AM

i have a sony vaio vgn-cr120e and found you can go to start menu, then go to the help and support, then go to Vaio support, then software & driver link it will bring you to a page to click on the new site, type in your model number, then on the left side it will have drivers & software, then it will ask what windows you have xp or vista, it will give you a dropdown of all the drivers & software in you systems. and it is free......
March 5, 2009 3:18:25 AM

thnx othman...
ur solution fixd the prob wth my 3 yr old acer TM3212

wth regards,
ashok
March 20, 2009 8:44:09 PM

I have a Toshiba Satellite A200-1TO (heap of rubbish, will NEVER buy anything from Toshiba again) and I have had to edit my registry twice after losing my (crappy Matshita uj850s) CD/DVD drive, and while the regedit fix does indeed restore my disc drive it leaves me, as others, unable to burn from iTunes. Now I can live with this - it's not ideal but the CD/DVD drive is more important to me. However, I now find I am unable to install Flash updates - I go to update, I'm told the update has installed successfully but in fact it doesn't work and according to their troubleshooting it's because my registry settings are wrong. I now cannot play Scrabble online or watch videos on things like YouTube, or even buy my Euromillions lottery ticket to enable me to buy a new and much better laptop!!! I'm getting really tired of this, has anyone yet come up with a more complete solution to the Matshita drive problem than the registry settings fix?
Thanks.
March 28, 2009 9:43:53 PM

I have a Dell M1530 running Vista, and I noticed my DVD drive missing after adding a partition to my drive, installing Norton Ghost and my Epson printer driver. This fix put it back. I registered specifically to share this info and give this poster a hearty THANK YOU!!

This post saved me from hours of torture by Dell tech support. Woot.

Othman Zalloum said:
Hi elpats

Follow this procedure to resolve the error if the optical drive is missing from Computer in the Microsoft® Windows Vista™ operating system.

WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. This procedure involves editing the Registry. Using the Registry editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require the operating system to be reinstalled and can result in the potential loss of data.

NOTE: A backup of the registry can be created.

Click the Start button, and then in the search box, type regedit.
Press the Enter key.
NOTE: If prompted for an administrator password or a User Account Control prompt is displayed, type the appropriate password or click Continue.

In the Registry Editor window, in the left pane, double-click the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder.
In the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder, double-click the System folder.
In the System folder, double-click the CurrentControlSet folder.
In the CurrentControlSet folder, double-click the Control folder.
In the Control folder, double-click the Class folder.
In the Class folder, click to select the {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} folder.
In the right pane, click to select the UpperFilters registry value.
On the menu bar, click Edit.
In the Edit menu, click Delete.
In the Confirm Value Delete dialog box, click the Yes button.
In the right pane, click to select the LowerFilters registry value.
NOTE: Do not delete the UpperFiltersBak or LowerFiltersBak registry values.

Close the Registry Editor window.
Restart the computer.

Best Regards/Othman Zalloum

Anonymous
a b G Storage
March 29, 2009 12:00:11 PM

hi,

im having the same problem with my toshiba equium a100-02L laptop.

when i try to edit the registry as suggested the upper and lower filters dont exist

any ideas
April 11, 2009 1:42:53 PM

Othman Zalloum said:
Hi elpats

Hi Zalloum,
I have a two month old computer and the Matshita dvd-ram uj-875s ata device plays all DVDs for about fifteen minutes with no problems and then the screen will suddenly change to green, to red and then freeze. The computer will then reboot itself and start the whole process over again. Do you think the problem is a DVD Ram driver issue or screen driver issue? I looked at your fix below, but there is no upper filter in my registry. Thanks, Paul

Follow this procedure to resolve the error if the optical drive is missing from Computer in the Microsoft® Windows Vista™ operating system.

WARNING: There is a risk of data loss. This procedure involves editing the Registry. Using the Registry editor incorrectly can cause serious problems that may require the operating system to be reinstalled and can result in the potential loss of data.

Press the Enter key.
NOTE: If prompted for an administrator password or a User Account Control prompt is displayed, type the appropriate password or click Continue.

In the Registry Editor window, in the left pane, double-click the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder.
In the Class folder, click to select the {4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} folder.

Restart the computer.

April 18, 2009 11:57:14 PM

Thank you Othman Zalloum !!!

I would like to add that Othman Zalloum who left the post on how to retrieve the use of the Matshita DVD RAM UJ-850S ATA Device,which is in my Acer 7720 G laptop is a gem.I followed his instrustion and was able to retreve it for use,However it would not read or write to CD's.

Then as I remembered seeing this Matshita DVD RAM UJ-850S ATA Device listed in my Bios during a setup,I decided t go back and I changed the setting and placed it as the first drive in the list of drives located their.And for me it worked,I now can used the dive as normal...Thanks Othman for your help.It is a shame that the folks who put out the pc's will not help you regain use without outragouis charges.Acer wanted 59.00 fo 30 mintues of their time or 199.00 for a year of help fom their techs.

As for as I am concened,I won't buy their products again...I am not saying their products are bad at all,I like the PC I have.I just can't see having to pay to get help in something that I puchased that was put out to market from their company in the first place.That is just not good bussiness in my opinion.You want folks to buy your poducts again,you should help them along the way with what they already puchased...It's just my opinion...
Anonymous
a b G Storage
April 28, 2009 2:01:33 PM

Othman Zalloum said:
Hi elpats

Press the Enter key.

Restart the computer.

Wow! Your fix for the Matshiba DVD driver worked perfectly! Many thanks for your great info!!
April 30, 2009 11:56:12 PM

Hi Othman
Ive got a vaio VGN-AR47G . Since I update som file from sony update my MATSHITA UJ-850 DVD stop to work. whenever I push the ejedct buttom DVD tray dont come out .Do you have any Ideia how I can fix it?
best regards Dana
May 27, 2009 1:27:32 AM

Othman Zalloum said:
Hi elpats

Press the Enter key.

Restart the computer.

Hello, I have tried the method outlined by Othman and my drive is still not working. My regedit did not have an UpperFilter, so I just deleted the LowerFilter. I have also tried uninstalling the drivers, reinstalling them, then searching for updates. No luck. Please help!!
May 30, 2009 10:28:43 AM

Othman Zalloum said:
Hi elpats

Press the Enter key.

Restart the computer.

Dear Othman:

Thank you very much. I have recovered my UJ-850s DVD through your way. May I ask why? Is it the reson that I renew my Symmantic software to NORTON 360 about ne month ago? After I see the DVD icon appears, the SPARE DISC file Icon which is generated by the NORTON 360 is disappeared.

Best Regards

Chris Cheng
June 10, 2009 12:58:10 AM

Othman Zalloum, Thanx for the glorious fix! You are a MASTER!
June 15, 2009 12:59:51 PM

I have exactly the same problem. Read the whole post, tried all the methods and i still can't burn anything. iTunes rejects the registry blah blah blah....

Any updates on how to fix this?
June 16, 2009 4:23:09 PM

I have two drives that read pre-printed disks fine, unless they are blank. Insert a blank disk and I see the cd pic appear next to my mouse pointer for a few minutes then nothing. I'm on Vista Home (32bit) and am afraid to touch the regedit since the drives are 'somewhat' still working. It's obviously a Vista/software issue.

Thanks!
June 20, 2009 1:47:11 PM

The Reg Edit advice worked PERFECT! Thanks for such clear instructions so even a novice can do it :-)
Anonymous
a b G Storage
July 3, 2009 3:49:28 AM

um, hi. i had the exact same problem on a toshiba/satellite, and i fixed it w/ your help, what with the registry changes and all. (and for the person who can't burn from itunes, mine does the same and you may have to reinstall itunes software. mine keeps telling me to, tho i can still burn/rip cds apparently.)

but i have a question. i had this problem because i have an epson scanner that, due to someone other than myself, got uninstalled. if i re-install it (it's quite critical, i'm afraid), will the scanner mess up my computer again with no registry edits to make or can i delete the registies again?

please help!
July 8, 2009 5:59:05 PM

i have a Sony VGN FE890 with Windows Vista. The drive is detected. it plays most DVDs and CDs. However, it will not write to disc, and one CD that I have (which is an official album) is detected as blank. yet it is not blank as it plays on my CD player fine, and I have played it on my former computer system before. Any ideas?
July 19, 2009 4:11:46 PM

So far Othman Zalloum's solution has worked for my pavilion 2710us. Thanks for the help.
July 21, 2009 1:32:50 AM

Hi,

I've had this same problem twice now, 1st time I hadth is problem months ago and I found this thread it fixed the problem. 2nd time I had the same problem yesterday and came back here and did the same which fixed the problem again. My dvd is now visible again. BUT, yesterday morning before I was aware of this problem I updated iTunes. I fixed the DVD problem last night. I opened iTunes this morning and guess what. I get this message "The registry settings used by the iTunes drivers for importing and buring CDs and DVDs are missing. THis can be a result of installing other CS burning software." I haven't. So my guess is iTunes is changing the registry which affects the DVD drivers. :??: 

Update from above..........
ITunes uninstalled and re-installed. Still same problem. ITunes displays same message. Wen t back into registry and added to Local Machine > system> currentcontrolset> class> 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318 > new MultiString Value called 'UpperFilters' and value 'GEARAspiWDM' and voila! iTunes is happy and I can still see my DVD. Now to test to see if I can burn from iTunes.

August 8, 2009 8:14:42 AM

Hey, This actually sounds like a viable solution, as I remeber my DVD drive use to be "D:" but after deleting the lower filters, it works but it is now labeled as the "E:" Could you please list the steps for changing the drive name, or re-ordering them?

acaidian said:
Thank you Othman Zalloum !!!

I would like to add that Othman Zalloum who left the post on how to retrieve the use of the Matshita DVD RAM UJ-850S ATA Device,which is in my Acer 7720 G laptop is a gem.I followed his instrustion and was able to retreve it for use,However it would not read or write to CD's.

Then as I remembered seeing this Matshita DVD RAM UJ-850S ATA Device listed in my Bios during a setup,I decided t go back and I changed the setting and placed it as the first drive in the list of drives located their.And for me it worked,I now can used the dive as normal...Thanks Othman for your help.It is a shame that the folks who put out the pc's will not help you regain use without outragouis charges.Acer wanted 59.00 fo 30 mintues of their time or 199.00 for a year of help fom their techs.

As for as I am concened,I won't buy their products again...I am not saying their products are bad at all,I like the PC I have.I just can't see having to pay to get help in something that I puchased that was put out to market from their company in the first place.That is just not good bussiness in my opinion.You want folks to buy your poducts again,you should help them along the way with what they already puchased...It's just my opinion...

August 13, 2009 4:07:48 PM

I am having the same problem.
Did you solve your problem?
August 17, 2009 5:32:44 AM

jbepreed said:
I am having the same problem.
Did you solve your problem?

I haven't solved the problem, but i found my warranty for my vaio and its good for three years, which means i am still covered. I will, though, try to add the multi string upper value like the guy above suggested, but the second value, i don't know what specific value he is speaking of. If i fix it on my own, i will come back and post it.
September 2, 2009 5:09:41 PM

hsbigboy said:
Othman,
Thanks for your help, but my reg key doesn't have a upperfiltersbak or lowerfiltersbak values. Can this be fixed?
Thanks,
Harry

hARRY- SAME PROBLEM AS YOU- DID YOU EVER GET A RESONSE? tHANKS
September 7, 2009 10:03:44 PM

I just spent all day on this beautiful Labor Day trying to fix my same problem on my Vaio with the UJ-850S burner. I have itunes and was able to burn cd's for a year. Then all of a sudden I too had the error 39 saying my burner was corrupt. I followed Mr. Zalloum's advice and the corrupt error message disappeared, but like several people who posted, then my itunes began saying "no disc recorder" or something like that. i uninstalled and reinstalled itunes. still kept getting the pop-up screen from itunes assistant saying "the registry settings used by the itunes drivers for importing and burning cds and dvds are missing." I entered this message into a Google search, and found the following, which solved my problem!!!!! I installed the GEAR software driver addressed below, and voila, my itunes burns cd's again (I didn't have to do the 2nd alternative suggestion below as downloading the GEAR driver worked perfectly).

http://worldwidetech.wordpress.com/2008/09/11/itunes-8-...
Here is what the above link says, just in case the link stops working at some point:
iTunes 8 Loses CD & DVD Import & Burning Drivers
September 11, 2008 in CD Burning, DVD Burning, Drivers, Errors, Multimedia, Windows, iTunes
Tags: CD, DVD, Errors, How To, iTunes, Solutions, Windows

It seems that some users installing iTunes 8 on Windows systems are encountering an error message:

“ERROR: The registry settings used by the iTunes drivers for importing and burning cds and dvds are missing… Please re-install iTunes”

iTunes uses GEAR software drivers for importing and burning CD’s & DVD’s. Re-installing (or installing the latest GEAR drivers seems to fix this problem. No reboot required for this install.

You can get the current GEAR drivers here: http://www.gearsoftware.com/support/drivers.cfm

If this does not fix your problem download a fresh installer for iTunes here: http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Uninstall iTunes, reboot, & then do a fresh install of iTunes.

HOPE THIS HELPS YOU GUYS. I KNOW IT HELPED ME!!!!!
Anonymous
a b G Storage
September 13, 2009 7:35:48 AM

Excellent answer - to a problem that had beaten my IT guy - he thought the DVD player was broken!

Regards

Siclops
September 24, 2009 6:58:30 PM

I just wanted to say thank you for the regedit fix!!! I recently updated a bunch of drivers on my Sony Vaio VGN N220E and when I restarted my laptop, my dvd drive was not showing or working. I had the exact same symptoms as the original poster. I just did the registry fix that you suggested and my dvd drive works perfect. I can honestly say that I never would've figured that one out if you hadn't taken the time to post the fix. So thanks again for your time and effort!
September 28, 2009 9:07:32 PM

Hi:

I have a vaio by sony and I found two drivers in the device manager: the one listed on this post and FWF BW 962w117 GTU SCSI.

I followed Othman's instructions but there was no "UpperFilters" registry value listed, No Lowerfilters.

My CD/DVD used to work very well. Now, it is not working at all. I did try to use system restore to an earlier date. It didn't work. I did try to get Sony's help and they did remove something from the registry, I don't know what.

Nothing has worked, any ideas?

Peggy
October 1, 2009 3:08:36 PM

hi...........
i m having lenovo laptop having matshita dvd ram uj-875s 1.01
it is able to read dvd but unable to read cd and unable to burn both
October 12, 2009 1:23:08 PM

Ello im usin vista ulimate. & did a reformat to try & fix my burn isssue

when i did the reformat i still could not burn audio cds with out it doin false/fake burns
i checked to see if i had upper & lower Filters they were not there.. also have a windows service missing

( IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service ) is the name of the missing windows service..

when i burn with wmp11/real player anything only a 5 out of 10 songs or less will burn..
iv tryed updating the firmware & the windows driver.. but to no luck.. im wanting to know if theres away to put the Upper & Lower Filters back in to windows registry & install the missing windows service

steps iv tryed:

Upgraded Firmware.
Uninstall & Reinstall Windows disk driver
tryed other brands of blank media/blank cds
check disk drive it self master is on top of slave & are set right changed data cable
tryed to delete the upper & lower Filters ( but were not there ) ( Even after a reformat of the HDD )

nothing has helped & im wasting money doin false/fake burns.. is there anything for this.. iv tryed ever step & everthing i could find to try & fix this issue but not been able to...
October 17, 2009 9:47:25 PM

Othman Zalloum said:
Hi elpats

Press the Enter key.

Restart the computer.

Dear Othman Zalloum
i had same trouble about uj 850s
i tried your solution
and its ok :D 
thanx from istanbul
October 17, 2009 9:58:30 PM

warlordfmike said:
Ello im usin vista ulimate. & did a reformat to try & fix my burn isssue

when i did the reformat i still could not burn audio cds with out it doin false/fake burns
i checked to see if i had upper & lower Filters they were not there.. also have a windows service missing

( IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service ) is the name of the missing windows service..

when i burn with wmp11/real player anything only a 5 out of 10 songs or less will burn..
iv tryed updating the firmware & the windows driver.. but to no luck.. im wanting to know if theres away to put the Upper & Lower Filters back in to windows registry & install the missing windows service

steps iv tryed:

Upgraded Firmware.
Uninstall & Reinstall Windows disk driver
tryed other brands of blank media/blank cds
check disk drive it self master is on top of slave & are set right changed data cable
tryed to delete the upper & lower Filters ( but were not there ) ( Even after a reformat of the HDD )

nothing has helped & im wasting money doin false/fake burns.. is there anything for this.. iv tryed ever step & everthing i could find to try & fix this issue but not been able to...

there was no upperfilter in my folders but there was lowerfilter and i just deleted thats all
Anonymous
a b G Storage
October 23, 2009 8:53:56 PM

I have a Mashita dvd-ram uj-850 ata-drive that is not working properly. The drive is recording dvd-rw and cd-rw but when it comes to dvd-r or cd-r is not recording them. The cd-r or dvd-r starts recording but it gets to a point where I get this message: "blank media cannot be detected" and it stops recording. I have tried everything that has been posted in this websites, going to the registry and deleting the registries, I have also gone to the microsoft website to have it diagnosted and according to the web site it has been fixed but the problem is still happening.

Can anybody help me please?
October 24, 2009 1:35:46 PM

For anyone having having issues:

Microsoft now has a software that would fix it for you ; 'Microsoft Fix It'.

Just go to the link below, select the problem you are having In this case this one:
[[Your CD or DVD drive cannot read or write media
Automatically diagnose and repair problems with your CD or DVD drive when trying to read or burn media in Windows Vista.]]
and follow the instructions. You need to run this program in Internet explorer (of course), or if using Firefox, use one of the workarounds, but simplest to just open the link with IE and get it over with.

http://support.microsoft.com/gp/mats

Enjoy,
deOmega
Anonymous
a b G Storage
October 29, 2009 4:48:12 PM

I have this same dvd drive inside my LG hard disk/dvd recorder (connected to my TV not laptop).
It no longer reads any discs and just ejects the disc after trying to read it.
I've had it apart and cleaned the lens with a cotton bud but still no joy.
Anybody on here have any ideas or know where i can buy a replacement drive?
November 3, 2009 4:05:06 AM

selcukyalcinim said:
Dear Othman Zalloum
i had same trouble about uj 850s
i tried your solution
and its ok :D 
thanx from istanbul

You Welcome! Enjoy.
November 9, 2009 12:52:19 PM

:bounce:  :bounce:  :bounce: 

SOLVED IT BY CHANCE.DVD drive recognizes blank DVDs as CD
SOLVED IT BY CHANCE.

I have VAIO VGN-SZ740 Laptop equipped with MATSHITA DVD-RAM UJ-852S DVD drive and WIN XP SP2. my problem occurred suddenly, after a successful burning process, the DVD drive recognized blank DVDs as CDROM. so I could not write any more DVDs. I don't know if it could write over it as a CD-R or not.It read DVDs without problem.

It may sounds ridiculous, but after all I could not find any useful solution to solve my problem, including reinstalling DVD device, removing upper and lower filters in registry, restoring to an earlier point, contacting to service center and VAIO online support which both of them suggested me to replace the device, I decided to make a risk by my own. I made a backup of the registry key located in : 4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318 which describes upper and lower filters, then I simply deleted the total key, it was performed with 1 error. all the parameters were removed except one of them. then I simply restarted the laptop and it was solved!
yeap, it was really solved, I was near to order a new drive.
BUT IF YOU GONNA DO THAT BE CARE, I'm not sure if it hurts your system or not, I did it in my own risk. and still I have not faced any problem.
who knows.
November 17, 2009 4:00:09 PM

lose the Registry Editor window.
Restart the computer.

Best Regards/Othman Zalloum[/quotemsg]

dear Othman, i read your explanation for this problem and found it very interesting. You may be able to shed some light on a problem i have with

dvd drives failing to read a new dvd. The drive indicates that the disk is full and will fail on a write. I bought a new drive for another computer and those dvds show the same indication. I tried the disk in a iMac and it was good and could be written to. Just wondering why the PCs are not recognizing the disks.

I have used these disks for a long time and then all of a sudden they all seem to be bad. Do you know of any reason for this condition?

thought abt buying new disks for the pcs.. to check them with
better quality disks.. the ones that are showing up bad were on sale. (ha ha i wonder why?)

thanks cameron
November 20, 2009 12:21:15 AM

Hi Othman
My Toshiba Satalite Pro A200 had a problem after uninstalling a student version of a program ready to install a commercial licence version. The optic drive could not be seen in explorer any more and the program would not load. I tried everything I could think of which is not much, then I came across your solution. Thanks as it now works great. I will say this is the first time I have had problems with the machine in the 3 years I have had it. Thanks again and much appreciated.
S Mathias
November 23, 2009 7:53:19 AM

Othman Zalloum said:
Hi elpats

Press the Enter key.

Restart the computer.

Dear Othamn,

Followed steps carefully but unfortunately it didn't solve my HP Pavilion DV6000 (Service Tag DV6312ea). "Vista 32 Home Premium".

The issue is, it does detects (seeing) any disc inserted but as "blank". This problem started when Windows Updates "upgraded" my system from SP1 to SP2. Did restore + restore but never solved it. The point is really wouldn't like to take up to the Default Factory Restoration., his because some of the software I am currently running requires SP2. Kindly, assist.

Yedwa
December 8, 2009 2:13:56 AM

Dear Othamn,
Just to let you know another happy customer. Your solution worked perfectly on my Toshiba X205 Satellite with Windows XP.
Anonymous
a b G Storage
December 17, 2009 4:05:50 PM

hello mate i also had a problem with my mashita drive and i followed you regedit advice and deleated the reg key as instructed step by step and hay presto i now have my dvd rw drive back so this note is to say thank you for uploading the instuctions m8 you realy have saved my day well oce again thanx and if if any body reads this the instuctions do work if you follow them properly step by step if ur not shure double check the info this guy now what he is doing : )
Anonymous
a b G Storage
December 27, 2009 12:58:17 AM

Originally just deleting the upper limit did not work. If this is the case you may need to delete the lower limit as well, its in the same location. Now my itunes complains every time I start it but its a small price to pay.
Thanks so much.
January 1, 2010 11:11:21 PM

selcukyalcinim said:
hey guys
try this

www.tinyurl.com/toshibadvd

toshiba s advice

its works too

that´s the only thing that worked for me. THANK YOU SO MUCH selcukyalcinim!!!!!! also was the easiest way to get the things done. Great job dude!

Just to make clear: my drive is a UJ-850S running on windows xp sp3 (32-bit obviously) in a acer aspire 5100 laptop.
!