Poor warranty service by Enermax

anon6

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2007
Just the facts:
Model: Enermax Noisetaker 485W PSU
Broke down: 2007 Apr, after about 1 year.
RMA: dropped off at Enermax's service provider in Canada.
Results: nothing received back after almost 3 months.

Will update if I receive something back.

anon6

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2007
I'm beginning to.

From what I've experienced this is how the process works here: Enermax says to you to contact Comptronic, the service provider, then Comptronic suggets contacting the retailer, which doesn't work if the retailer's in-store warranty expired, so you keep begging Comptronic for an RMA, and then, in my case, I wait and wait...

Other people's feedback:

<Your best choice is to contact Enermax USA by toll free and voice your displeasure with the quality, then with the shady service by Comtronic. They can to some extent influence Comtronic to remedy this problem. Dont bother with email.. That was how Enermax USA, my retailer, and myself forced Comtronic to honour a valid RMA a few years back. It was a most frustrating experience for all parties involved.>

<<Comtronic is their distributor in this case...
[2007 May 3]
Well things are at a stand still. After getting the RMA form from Head office and filling in the form it said to fax it to the closest branch which is Vancouver for me. After faxing it twice on two consectutive days and e-mailing the lady who sent me the RMA form I have not recd a RMA # as of yet. Doesn't seem like Comtronic is very good to deal with - don't think I'll be buying a Enermax again if this isn't resolved soon. ...Update: It's now the 8th of May and still no RMA #, it seems the Vancouver branch of Comtronic is a dud - they haven't acknowledged any of the faxes I've sent or the e-mails from their own H.O. If you live on the East Coast of Canada you are probably ok for RMA's but I would warn anybody living on the West Coast of Canada that trying to get a RMA for their Enermax isn't going to be easy. It's pretty sad that the orginal info was faxed to the Vancouver branch of April 20th and they have yet to respond - over two weeks and counting. I'm sure that there are other psu makers out there who treat there customers better than this. Update: Had e-mail from Van branch - sent a different RMA form from the one HO sent me for me to fill out ***** this will be the THIRD TIME that I have done this. Not to mention that the fact that he informed me that I have to pay freight both ways. These guys are a bunch of losers!!!! It would probably be less stressful to toss it in the garbage can and be done with it. ...
[May 9]
For all interested Enermax doesn't have a warranty you can collect on in Canada. So far Comtronic has refused to give me a RMA # [faxed the required paperwork four times no less!] and there last e-mail to me stated that [the retailer] should be doing the warranty. it's not as though there arn't any alternatives out there.
Stating that it's comes with a three year warranty that you can't collect on is pretty pointless if you ask me. Enermax NEVER AGAIN. ... I can back up everything that has gone on: from my initial call to Maxpoint in US who refered me to Comtronic,
First fax to Comtronic [Vancouver] was April 20th - Totally Ignored by the way. Then all my e-mails with Clery m Comtronic [Markham HO]over the last two weeks. ...I will be sending a letter to Enermax in Taiwan explaining what's gone on - as maybe they have no idea that there etting the shaft from Comtronic on warranty repairs.
[May 14] I already have filled out and faxed that RMA form three times - twice to vancouver and once to markham. There just not willing to give me a RMA #. So I'm going to forward all my correspondence to Enermax in Taiwan and see what they have to say, if Comtronic are being paid by Enermax to do their warrenty work then they are failing to do that.
[May 16]
I sent one last ditch e-mail to Comtronic saying I was through with getting the run around and that I was forwarding all my correspondence to Enermax HO in Taiwan and get there take on the situation and p.s. there's a whole lot of people on a well know forum
waiting to see how this works out... and when I got home to night they actually faxed me a RMA # ...Actually after a second look at the form that they sent me all somebody in Vancouver did was hand write my info on a RMA form and fax it to me requseting the serial #. The hilarious part is that the rma form that has already been faxed [twice] to Vancouver had the serial # on it. So in my opinion they [Comtronic] are waste of space. Also they don't pay freight at all they want me to pay both ways. Anybody else have dealings with other companies that don't pay freight for shipping back to the customer?
[May 31] The outcome: I had Purolator del. a shrink wrapped Noisetaker to my door from Comtronic on May 31/07.
>>

Xabbo

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2006
Same thing happened to me. You need to get a hold of Derek at comtronic (Vancouver). Doesnt speak english worth a crap so be prepared. Hes their rma guy, unless its changed in 3 weeks. Once my rma form was sent in it still took 9 weeks for me to get my power supply back. I paid shipping to get the power supply there and they took care of the rest. Be very specific about how you want the power supply shipped back. It got shipped to me twice before i managed get a hold of Derek and tell him where and how to ship it. (For some reason when i wasnt at home to recieve the package they shipped it back to comtronic.........twice, go figure) They pay to have it sent back by the way. They tend to use Canadian Freightways.

TRENDING THREADS