LG L226WTQ-SF Advice Please

shifter101

Distinguished
Aug 10, 2006
Hi im about to take the plunge and upgrade from my ancient 19" crt to an LCD. I'm looking at getting the above monitor. I'm just after some advice really about how good or bad this monitor is. I do play games so ghosting and what not will be important. Also if this does turnout to not be any good do you have any sugestions for about the same price range that I could consider ??

Here is the link to the monitor.

http://www.it247.com/Product/26-L226WTQ-SF/LG_L226WTQ_SF_flat_panel_display_TFT_22.htm

Thanks for any advice.

Matt

Ancalagon_uk

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2007
Some people in america report ghosting issues so bad they it isnt worth it, but I think the European models dont suffer from that.

Unfortunately I dont have first hand experience of the monitor, believe me I would like to!

alpha_channel

Distinguished
Sep 25, 2006
Well there are a few on the micromart forums that have this monitor and they seem to be quite happy with it.

Me, personally, I'm in nearly the same position as you, my 7yr old Samsung 17" CRT is getting a bit blurry around the edges now and I'm on the hunt for a new monitor (around the 22" mark would be nice :) ).

I do a bit of gaming but I also need a monitor that's got good colour reproduction as I do a lot more art work/animation/video stuff so it's got to be able to match what’s coming off the printer or seen on a TV (plus I'd like a lot more screen real estate than 1024x768). I wouldn't mind a few recommendations myself (though I've heard good things about the Samsung 226 but that’s about £30-50 more than the LG you have spied and apparently hard to get hold of at the mo).

I have the same monitor (except mine is the 19 inch version). It has a refresh rate of 2ms (one of the fastest), and I have not noticed any ghosting at all. As long as the monitor is 8ms or faster, you will be fine. One thing I will point out as a possible downside is the Digital Fine Contrast. This is how the monitor achieves an insane contrast ratio of 3000:1. To do this, the DFC chip adjusts monitor brightness depending on what is on the screen. This sometimes causes noticable and annoying changes in brightness. In most cases it is smooth and great, in others it is very annoying. All-in-all though, it is a great monitor and I would highly recommend it.