Building my first gaming computer

almeter

Honorable
Aug 29, 2012
I want to build the best computer I can for around $700. I plan to use it for games, school, surfing the web and lots and lots of downloading. Heres the thing. I know close to nothing about building my own computer. Ive spent the last 4 years using almost nothing but a macbook. All that I know about custom computers is the few things i've learned from a few friends which I now live 1,300 miles away from.
SO I already have a monitor (1366 x 786), key bored, mouse, speakers and an external hard drive. I've been looking at parts via newegg but i'm not really sure what exactly I should be looking for. Any advice would be great.

irzekk

Honorable
Aug 17, 2012
Oh jesus. This reminds me of my train wreck thread about two weeks ago. I don't know where to start. This is too complicated for me to go through with you but I can tell you this, try searching this information on google and read a lottt!!! of articles before you go buying stuff. The parts almost all have to have a connection in some way. For example, you have to buy a case that fits the motherboard you are buying such as micro-atx, full-atx, mini-atx. If you're not going to put the effort into that, jus make sure you dont go out buying parts. Also, you should try to make sure you're up to building a whole entire computer yourself. this stuff isnt easy