windows media player 10

Hi I Downloaded windows media player 10 but I can not install it, it tells
me that
" This version of windows media technologies is incompatible with this
version of windows "

Iam running Windows XP Home SP 2

Any ideas on what the problem is.

Lozza
2 answers Last reply
More about windows media player

    Laurie wrote:
    > Hi I Downloaded windows media player 10 but I can not install it, it
    > tells me that
    > " This version of windows media technologies is incompatible with this
    > version of windows "
    >
    > Iam running Windows XP Home SP 2
    >
    > Any ideas on what the problem is.

    Go here:
    http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

    Scan for and install all updates EXCLUDING hardware drivers/updates.

    Did that help?

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    No still comes up with the same message

    > Laurie wrote:
    >> Hi I Downloaded windows media player 10 but I can not install it, it
    >> tells me that
    >> " This version of windows media technologies is incompatible with this
    >> version of windows "
    >>
    >> Iam running Windows XP Home SP 2
    >>
    >> Any ideas on what the problem is.
    >
    > Go here:
    > http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/
    >
    > Scan for and install all updates EXCLUDING hardware drivers/updates.
    >
    > Did that help?
    >
    > --
    > Shenan Stanley
    > MS-MVP