Starting Over in RCT2

kim

Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon (More info?)

Hi -

I looked through the group and didn't find an answer here, although I'm sure
it's been asked....

I'd like to start my scenarios over - start with a "clean slate" and no
parks finished. How do I do this besides reinstalling the game? Is there a
specific file or folder I can delete to accomplish this?

Thanks
--
Kim

*If I were a cop, I'd look for an excuse to arrest a mime just so I could
tell them they had the right to remain silent. (Holly Yael Black)*

"Kim" <flhnospam72@adelphia.net> wrote in message
> Hi -
>
> I looked through the group and didn't find an answer here, although I'm
sure
> it's been asked....
>
> I'd like to start my scenarios over - start with a "clean slate" and no
> parks finished. How do I do this besides reinstalling the game? Is there a
> specific file or folder I can delete to accomplish this?
>
> Thanks
> --
> Kim
>
> *If I were a cop, I'd look for an excuse to arrest a mime just so I could
> tell them they had the right to remain silent. (Holly Yael Black)*

As far as I know, you can select one from the list even if it says
"Completed by ...." and it will be the way it was at the start.

CoasterKev!

Archived from groups: alt.games.rctycoon (More info?)

In article <Tvudnd85W-r0BS3dRVn-vg@adelphia.com>, flhnospam72
@adelphia.net says...
> Hi -
>
> I looked through the group and didn't find an answer here, although I'm sure
> it's been asked....
>
> I'd like to start my scenarios over - start with a "clean slate" and no
> parks finished. How do I do this besides reinstalling the game? Is there a
> specific file or folder I can delete to accomplish this?
>
> Thanks

In the RCT folder, there is a file called 'scores.dat' in the 'saved
games' folder. You could try renaming this file, and hopefully RCT
should create a new version. If it doesn't you can rename the file back
to it's original name..

--
LittleMissMikey

I make jokes for my own benefit...
Don't feel obliged to laugh...

Little Miss Mikey wrote:

> In the RCT folder, there is a file called 'scores.dat' in the 'saved
> games' folder. You could try renaming this file, and hopefully RCT
> should create a new version. If it doesn't you can rename the file
> back
> to it's original name..

Thank you. Your suggestion did just what I wanted.

Kim