BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
Yes folks it looks like MS has gotten into the PC game as they have a Zenith designed AMD box being flogged in India where there are 1B people and only a small percentage have PCs.

Linkage!

Russia seems to also be jumping on the AMD bandwagon as they prep a Geode-based UPMC set to debut next year. Russia has had a license for awhile now and is even in the running to buy AMDs 90 nm equipment.

I am at a loss for where this story came from. I thought it was ArsTechnica. I'll update when I find it.

Good news though as the deals keep coming.

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished
Well they have to do something with those AMD CPU's that aren't selling... it's sorta better for AMD to sell them cheap or outright write 'em off to other countries that have little to no PC's.

BaronMatrix

Splendid
Dec 14, 2005
Well they have to do something with those AMD CPU's that aren't selling... it's sorta better for AMD to sell them cheap or outright write 'em off to other countries that have little to no PC's.

What makes you think they can't sell them at Newegg? These may turn out to be Geodes for use with XP Starter Edition.

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished
I'm talking AMD is having problems selling their CPU's. Intel not only is pounding AMD with large price cuts but they're also outselling AMD by the Cargo Plane Loads (yes trucks being too small).

AMD has to sell their CPU's somewhere or their inventory will stockpile.

Kronos76

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
Yes folks it looks like MS has gotten into the PC game as they have a Zenith designed AMD box being flogged in India where there are 1B people and only a small percentage have PCs.

Linkage!

Russia seems to also be jumping on the AMD bandwagon as they prep a Geode-based UPMC set to debut next year. Russia has had a license for awhile now and is even in the running to buy AMDs 90 nm equipment.

I am at a loss for where this story came from. I thought it was ArsTechnica. I'll update when I find it.

Should we start a count down until MS is sued, or just in court again? For some reason I see this becoming a serious issue, MS is now building computers, before you know it Intel will be the only open architect chip to support the home builder. MS will own AMD, and Apple will be Apple, feels like XBOX all over again, oh wait, lets just open our door and let MS into another part of our every day lives!!!!

WAKE UP, Microsoft has you!!!

Damm, conspiracy theory again!

papi4baby

Distinguished
Nov 1, 2006
Good for AMD at least they have a way to make some money and stay afloat. About the MS thing i dont know could be good, but also bad if not properly looked at by someone with no interest in both markets.

turpit

Splendid
Feb 12, 2006

Linkage!

Well the first bit is good news for AMD, as are the C2D bugs, but please find the link to the second part of your post. Heaven knows AMD can use every little bit of good news they can get. Especially with EOQ here, and the upcoming reports.