Sign in with
Your question

How to Install preinstalled Vista.

Last response: in Windows Vista
June 21, 2010 10:43:48 AM

Hey guys,
i have an acer 3810t and it got a vista pre installed in it. last month, my friend installed windows 7, then after a month, we found out that the windows 7 installed was fake.
How can get my laptop back to its original OS? which is vista...please help. tnx!
June 21, 2010 9:42:09 PM

Depends on how you install Win7. If you just installed on top of Vista and didn't change the partition table. You should be able to boot into recovery mode and then reload the preinstalled images from one of the System partition created by Acer. Your User's Manual should a section for that.

If you did removed all the partition, then you have to find a the origianl CD and start from there.

YMMV. HTH.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
June 23, 2010 2:05:06 AM

sirwes said:
Hey guys,
i have an acer 3810t and it got a vista pre installed in it. last month, my friend installed windows 7, then after a month, we found out that the windows 7 installed was fake.
How can get my laptop back to its original OS? which is vista...please help. tnx!

When did you buy it and from whom?

That system looks like it was eligible for a free Windows 7 upgrade. How do you know it was not legit?
m
l
Related resources
!