Sign in with
Your question

[Urgent] Problem regarding Windows Itunes 9.2 on Vista 64-bit OS

Last response: in Windows Vista
June 23, 2010 7:10:48 AM

Hello,
I have an urgent problem that I hope to get some response and insight from anybody, desperately needing help. As some might know, the new OS for iphone and ipod touch is out. iOs 4 and I wanted to upgrade my itunes, but i had to upgrade it to the itunes 9.2 version. As i was upgrading and installing, this error message : "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package A problem required for the install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor" came up and ruined the installation and as of now, I am unable to open my Itunes and sync stuff in. This is urgent as I have a ton of stuff inside and now i cant use itunes ! please help !

Im on a version of Windows Vista SP 2 64-bit OS, if that's any info tht will help ! Any help is greatly appreciated here (:
June 23, 2010 5:02:13 PM

Try uninstalling itunes (you shouldn't lose your stuff, but back it up to be safe) and then re-installing. If it doesn't let you uninstall, your best bet is to contact Apple, as I've had that problem in the past and couldn't figure it out for the life of me.
m
l
June 23, 2010 5:25:23 PM

hey bwuish,
yup actually i've uninstalled itunes and in the process of re-installing, that's when the problem occurred. It doesnt install properly and i've tried completely removing all traces of itunes from http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1923 , and reinstalling it, but the same problem occurs over and over again. Could there be any problem with my windows installer?
m
l
Related resources
June 24, 2010 3:26:41 AM

hey im so sorry, could it be just me or i cant see the solution being posted on the thread?
m
l
July 24, 2010 10:48:55 AM

buwish said:
Ah ok. No, it's not the Windows installer; it's a problem with itunes. Here is a thread from another site on the matter that involves a registry fix. It didn't work for me, but it could work for you:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/microsoft-support/windo...

HI went to the link, but couldn't find the thread that involves a registry fix??
Regards, BD
m
l
!