Sign in with
Your question

[Urgent] Problem regarding Windows Itunes 9.2 on Vista 64-bit OS

Last response: in Windows Vista
June 23, 2010 7:10:48 AM

Hello,
I have an urgent problem that I hope to get some response and insight from anybody, desperately needing help. As some might know, the new OS for iphone and ipod touch is out. iOs 4 and I wanted to upgrade my itunes, but i had to upgrade it to the itunes 9.2 version. As i was upgrading and installing, this error message : "There is a problem with this Windows Installer package A problem required for the install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor" came up and ruined the installation and as of now, I am unable to open my Itunes and sync stuff in. This is urgent as I have a ton of stuff inside and now i cant use itunes ! please help !

Im on a version of Windows Vista SP 2 64-bit OS, if that's any info tht will help ! Any help is greatly appreciated here (:
June 23, 2010 5:02:13 PM

Try uninstalling itunes (you shouldn't lose your stuff, but back it up to be safe) and then re-installing. If it doesn't let you uninstall, your best bet is to contact Apple, as I've had that problem in the past and couldn't figure it out for the life of me.
June 23, 2010 5:25:23 PM

hey bwuish,
yup actually i've uninstalled itunes and in the process of re-installing, that's when the problem occurred. It doesnt install properly and i've tried completely removing all traces of itunes from http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1923 , and reinstalling it, but the same problem occurs over and over again. Could there be any problem with my windows installer?
Related resources
June 24, 2010 3:26:41 AM

hey im so sorry, could it be just me or i cant see the solution being posted on the thread?
July 24, 2010 10:48:55 AM

buwish said:
Ah ok. No, it's not the Windows installer; it's a problem with itunes. Here is a thread from another site on the matter that involves a registry fix. It didn't work for me, but it could work for you:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/microsoft-support/windo...

HI went to the link, but couldn't find the thread that involves a registry fix??
Regards, BD
!