Standby Drives me Crazy!!!

t33lo

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2005
Whenever I let my computer go into standby (after 20 mins) it NEVER starts back up when I press the power button the computer. It will turn on the computer (I see the lights and hear the fans), but I never hear the mobo post. It will continue to run. I usually have to flip the "Power Off" switch on my psu and wait 5 secs, then power it back on. Of course, all of the memory is lost and its like I restarted and not awoken from standby. I have never successfully gotten out of standby. Why is this happening? This happened with my last PC which had completely different components. It's really annoying as I use standby to avoid power usage and a buildup of dust on my fan filters. Any help would be appreciated.

t33lo

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2005
THanks for the reply. I know how to disable it, I was wondering if there was a way to have it actually "work". It appears its a flaw and there is no timeframe to fix it. Thanks for at least letting me know of it.

Another weird issue I see is that when my computer is off, I will press the power button and see all the lights come on and the fans go for about 1 sec. After that one second, it will sh ut off for 3 secs and restart itself and run properly. Any idea what is causing this? Just annoying but don't see any real issues with it.