Not enough server storage is available to process this command

MartinW2

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2010
I am trying to connect to a mapped network drive on my desktop that is shared and has been in use and available for years!!
Suddenly I'm getting the above message when I try to connect to the drive. If I use Windows Explorer and go to the mapped drive it will not connect, with the above message. Network shows the computer and again when I try to access the drive directly I get the same message.
I tried restarting both computers. The same message still occurs.
Memory usage on the desktop is well under the 512MB RAM installed. The laptop is running at 55% of its 2GB RAM. The desktop is running Windows XP Home Premium SP3, the laptop is Windows Vista SP1.
The router is a Netgear WN834Bv2 and is connected via a WNDA3100v2 USB adapter on the laptop, and its utility shows a connection speed of 11Mbps.
There is a built-in Wireless LAN adapter that is also connected to the router. The router shows both connections as enabled and functioning.
The desktop is not running any other programs except for the new version of Norton provided by Comcast, which was installed last week. I suspect this to be the culprit. If so, how can I correct it so that it allows traffic between the two computers?
Any other ideas???

MartinW2

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2010
Thanks. This has cost me nearly two hours of head-scratching research. The event log showed that the errors started right after the NAV was installed last Friday. There was no IRPStackSize parameter in the appropriate registry entry, and creating one , setting it to 15 did not solve the problem I had to increase it to 31 to get back my network connections.
Norton and/or Comcast need to make this information immediately available to new subscribers to this AV software. Better still, the Norton installer needs to update the registry automatically to a value that will work.