Sign in with
Your question

Windows Photo gallery Problems

Last response: in Windows Vista
June 23, 2010 7:53:34 PM

We recently had an issue with our Windows Photo Gallery. For some reason the number of our pictures doubled. This happened only when using photo gallery.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Neal

June 24, 2010 11:29:53 PM

Hi Neal,

Do you mean the displayed number of pictures is twice what it should be? Or are there actual duplicates of all your photos now?

Cheers,

Walker
Windows Outreach Team
m
l
June 25, 2010 4:38:15 AM

Hi Walker,

Yes, their are actual duplicates of all the photos.

Neal
m
l
Related resources
June 25, 2010 3:50:41 PM

Neal Middlebrook said:
We recently had an issue with our Windows Photo Gallery. For some reason the number of our pictures doubled. This happened only when using photo gallery.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Neal

I hope I'm not being rude by bumping in here, but I haven't heard of this problem in Photo Gallery. I couldn't find any settings there that would create this. Firsthand get rid of all those duplicates by clicking on "All photos and videos" from the navigation pane then sort the images by name. Once you do this you can choose multiple files by holding down the Ctrl key, clicking on each duplicate file to highlight, release the Ctrl key, right click on any highlighted file and choose Delete. I don't know if this would work for you, but I'd give it a try. Microsoft has a Fix it Center that you install and has fixes for many different issues, one being Photo Gallary. Here is the link http://fixitcenter.support.microsoft.com/Portal
Hope this helps you some...Garry
m
l
June 25, 2010 10:07:27 PM

Thanks Garry, I will give it a try.

Neal
m
l
!