Help with 2 things!

Rammabhe

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2007
OK! im am first going to say im sorry but!

this is for AOE2 and i know it should be in gaming but everytime i clicked the gaming part it forced me to log out..same with mobile and CE and network so i just posted here cuz it didn't, can anyone help me with that? cuz its..odd...

AND! aoe2 (again sorry) but, i have 4 computers, 3 of us can play together and we all have XP but the 4th computer is ME and it can't ever find any of our games, it can ping us in dos prompt and we can ping it but i just don't know why it won't find us in AOE2. I have no firewalls on that computer that i can find, i haven't ever installed any so i don't know if there is a basic one that im just missing or not. i went to my router and turned off its firewall there too. im still not sure what i might be missing to let it see our other games though, i'd really like to be able to get this other cmputer working, and thanks :D

and again sorry for posting this in the wrong area :(, i really would like to know why i can't post elsewhere

makoau58

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2006
All i can give you is a non technical answer which probably %99 of the world would give you.....ME???????????????????? Stands for Mongrel Edition.
Its the operating system Microsoft deliberately designed to make all other Os's look good.

Belinda

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2004
I'd make a network floppy on one of the XP machines then stick that in the ME machine and run it. That should set the ME machine up so it can communicate with the other machines while in ME OS.
Maybe not the best way to do it but it should work.

mford66215

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
Makoau58 said "All i can give you is a non technical answer which probably %99 of the world would give you.....ME???????????????????? Stands for Mongrel Edition. Its the operating system Microsoft deliberately designed to make all other Os's look good."

I second the motion.

You can use free sysinternals PORTMON software to see what ports the machine tries to open while connecting and compare/contrast with the other machines. Same for their TCPVIEW software. Most likely the ME machine doesn't have a firewall, but isn't participating anyway.

Good luck :!:

yquo

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2006
Buy a copy of windows 2000 professional edition, give the windows Me cd as gift to someone you hate and tell him is the newest and greatest windows ever existed, in fact windows vista and xp are based on it. :wink: