A stop error message,a crashed laptop & unable to boot from cd

Hello there

I have spent the whole night looking at forum threads and yes i had a look at the aumha website

Suddenly yesterday my laptop (HP Pavilion zt3019ea, with windows xp on it) stopped working and i got this black screen with "your computer didn't start successfully`" but that was just the beginning of all my problems.
First I had to disable the automatic rebooting because the blue screen flashed too quickly.
the error message is "0x00000024 (0x001902FE,0xF8AF7378,0xF8AF7874, 0x82E94805)" which is apparently a problem of corruption in the NTFS file system (i don't really know what it means)

I wanted to recover few important files on the hard disk (most of them are on external hard drive phew!) so downloaded and burnt the ubuntu thingie (live cd?).

That's when I realized it was going to be tough, as my computer wouldn't boot anything from the cd (i even changed the priority settings in the bios), meaning I couldn't even reformat my computer...

I have to say that few months ago my computer had started taking LOTS of time to start up (like 10 min) but because of personal reasons I didn't get to get on with it and reformat my hard drive then...

hopefully you could help?

I'm a bit desperate...

thanks!
4 answers Last reply
More about stop error message crashed laptop unable boot
  1. Does you computer only have issues with booting from the unbutu disk or does it also not boot from the windows cd?
    It may be just a bad unbutu image.

Another one that you could try is the Hirens boot cd.
    I have used it before.
    It has too many tools to list.
  2. I had problems booting with Ubuntu 9.10.
    I tried different ways of installing until it told me if I wanted to make my drive bootable or something like that.
    I said yes and Ubuntu ran some stuff, after that I was able to boot from the CD.

I'm sorry that I can't be of more assistance, but it's been a month since I did it and I can't remember how I did it.

Maybe if you try searching google.
    I'll do the same and if I find something I will post.
  3. that's ok i have fixed it with help from another website and now reformatting my hard drive!
  4. Good to see that you got it going.
Ask a new question

Read More

Windows XP