Peltiers and radiators

Synthetickiller

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
I've been planning out what type of case to buy for a future build and I need you guys to help me out a bit.

If I were to use 2 peltier plates (probably something like a 226w on the CPU and 80w or so on the GPU) + a cooler for the northbridge, could I get away with a double radiator or is this the reason people have triple radiators?

Clearly, you guys can see I'm asking this b/c modding for a double radiator (or finding cases that support it) is easier than for a triple radiator.

BigCharb

Distinguished
Oct 9, 2006
you'll be pushing it homie. it should be a 120 for every block in your loop, you have 3 blocks so 3 120s. if you weren't going tec you could have gone dual 120 push pull. See, tec gives off lots of heat to take you down to -5 to -15 depending on the voltage u chose to use. You'll be going 2 tecs and a reg block, 3 120 is the way to go if you want acceptable temps.

If you went triple 120 rad, heres some ideas

you can go for an Armor case and place the triple rad in the front of the case standing vertically.

you can go the same route with any of the Stacker Cases.

Silverstone TJ-09 and mod it to fit on the inside top part of the case.

Silverstone TJ-07 and place it at the inside bottom of the case.

cb62fcni

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2006
No no no, adding peltiers is the last thing you want to do, as these are going to dump more heat into your loop than the CPU and GPU would have in the first place, as well as using up even more power.

Here's some ideas:
Go ahead with your dual rad and monitor your temps. If you're not happy:
A. Add a single 120 rad to your loop in between say, the CPU and GPU blocks. These are easy to mount over pre-existing fan holes in most cases.
B. Try out a passive resevoir such as this: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/5...ve_250mm_Reservoir_-_BLACK.html?tl=g30c97s167 With a little airflow over it it should knock your temps down 3 or 4C easily.

Hope this helps, good luck.

ElMoIsEviL

Distinguished

:sarcastic:
Clearly Toms Hardware is not the place to ask this question. Try http://www.procooling.com

But anyways I'll answer. For the setup you want, you'll need either a Tripple 120 rad or a double 120rad with a single 120 rad. (either way it's 3x120).

Trust me I know because I'm running such a setup..lol

cb62fcni

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2006

Hmmm, so you insult my intelligence and then put forth the same solution as me? Real classy. The Aristocrats!