cd drawer

my cd drawer keeps opening and closing on its own at a rate of once every 15
seconds. how do i get it to stop? thanks in advance
3 answers Last reply
More about drawer

    http://support.microsoft.com/?­id=827315

    Download Ad-aware SE and scan your PC for the presence of sp­yware:

    Symantec Security Check
    http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=ie&venid=sym&plfid=23&pkj=YVXRORVWHFHMFNZMBBX

    Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=321cd7a2-6a57-4c57-a8bd-dbf62eda9671&displaylang=en

    3 Simple Steps to Help Ensure the Protection of Your PC
    http://www.microsoft.com/athom­e/security/protect/default.msp­x

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Tim Bell" wrote:

    | my cd drawer keeps opening and closing on its own at a rate of once every 15
    | seconds. how do i get it to stop? thanks in advance

    Just for me, try putting a data CD (non-install) into the drawer when
    it's open. Does it stop and try to read the CD, or does it just keep
    opening & closing?
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

    If it does this before xp boots than the drive is most likely bad. Check as
    soon as you flip the power switch.

    "Tim Bell" <1cdog@charter.net> wrote in message
    > my cd drawer keeps opening and closing on its own at a rate of once every
    15
    > seconds. how do i get it to stop? thanks in advance

CD-Rom Microsoft Windows XP