cd drawer

June 23, 2005 3:34:26 PM

my cd drawer keeps opening and closing on its own at a rate of once every 15
seconds. how do i get it to stop? thanks in advance

More about : drawer

Anonymous
June 23, 2005 3:34:27 PM

http://support.microsoft.com/?­id=827315

Download Ad-aware SE and scan your PC for the presence of sp­yware:
http://www.download.com/3000-2144-10045910.html?part=69...

Symantec Security Check
http://security.symantec.com/sscv6/default.asp?langid=i...

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware

3 Simple Steps to Help Ensure the Protection of Your PC
http://www.microsoft.com/athom­e/security/protect/default.msp­x

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Tim Bell" wrote:

| my cd drawer keeps opening and closing on its own at a rate of once every 15
| seconds. how do i get it to stop? thanks in advance
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 3:34:27 PM

Just for me, try putting a data CD (non-install) into the drawer when
it's open. Does it stop and try to read the CD, or does it just keep
opening & closing?
Treeman

--
Treeman

June 25, 2005 1:52:42 AM

If it does this before xp boots than the drive is most likely bad. Check as
soon as you flip the power switch.

news:o EAue.7829$xm1.1013@fe06.lga...

!