family plan question

Last response: in Network Providers
Share
January 14, 2005 2:49:24 PM

Hello group..
Cingular "noob" here.. Currently on Verizon. Been looking at deals for two
phones and zeroed in on "letstalk.com" which seems to have the best deals.
Anyway my question is this. We live in Bastrop TX(near Austin), my sister
lives in Gainesville TX (north of Dallas) and my parents live in Abilene
TX. They both currently are on Cingular. I am trying to decide which plan
would work better and right away thought the one with mobile to mobile would
be great but from what I am reading, the mobile to mobile will do me no good
calling them since they are not nearby, is that correct?
Thanks so much!!!
John

More about : family plan question

Anonymous
January 14, 2005 4:11:14 PM

It's called "Mobile to Mobile", not "nearby to nearby". I have a son in
Austin, one in Chicago and I'm in Atlanta. All now on Cingular. No
problemo!

BTW, "Mobile to Mobile" use to require one of the higher priced calling
plans or a separate charge, but since the Cingular - A.T. & T. merger, all
of the ads indicate everybody gets "M to M".

"John" <jonjon.winn@TAKETHISOUTmail.utexas.edu> wrote in message
> Hello group..
> Cingular "noob" here.. Currently on Verizon. Been looking at deals for
two
> phones and zeroed in on "letstalk.com" which seems to have the best deals.
> Anyway my question is this. We live in Bastrop TX(near Austin), my sister
> lives in Gainesville TX (north of Dallas) and my parents live in Abilene
> TX. They both currently are on Cingular. I am trying to decide which
plan
> would work better and right away thought the one with mobile to mobile
would
> be great but from what I am reading, the mobile to mobile will do me no
good
> calling them since they are not nearby, is that correct?
> Thanks so much!!!
> John

Anonymous
January 14, 2005 9:19:18 PM

In article <xTTFd.39440$zy6.38545@bignews5.bellsouth.net>,
"Joe Fabeitz" <jf@hotmail.com> wrote:

> It's called "Mobile to Mobile", not "nearby to nearby". I have a son in
> Austin, one in Chicago and I'm in Atlanta. All now on Cingular. No
> problemo!
>
> BTW, "Mobile to Mobile" use to require one of the higher priced calling
> plans or a separate charge, but since the Cingular - A.T. & T. merger, all
> of the ads indicate everybody gets "M to M".

Wrong on all counts.

First of all one has to be on a Cingular "National Plan" to get free
mobile to mobile across the nation.

Secondly, Mobile to Mobile is only free on Cingular National Plans of
$39.99 a month or more.
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 1:44:09 AM

Looking at their website, unlimited mobile to mobile is included on
National plans 39.99 and higher and they are good in your calling area
(National). If you have a regional plan, it appears that all those
cities are within your local region (TX and part of OK), but it looks
like they charge 9.99 for mobile to mobile on a regional plan.

JPH

!