Low Registry Quota, Installing SQL Server 2K

I'm getting an error installing SQL Server 2000 on my new WinXP computer - -
"An error occurred while creating 1 or more registry entries.....Problem
could be caused by a low registry quota"

I've never heard of this one - - - any ideas?
2 answers Last reply
More about registry quota installing server

    You can only run either SQL Server 2000 Personal or Developer Edition on
    Windows XP Pro. SQL Server 2000 Standard or Enterprise will only run
    on a Server version of Windows.

    Ref: http://www.microsoft.com/sql/evaluation/overview/default.asp

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "David Wier" wrote:

    | I'm getting an error installing SQL Server 2000 on my new WinXP computer - -
    | "An error occurred while creating 1 or more registry entries.....Problem
    | could be caused by a low registry quota"
    |
    | I've never heard of this one - - - any ideas?

    Yes, you're right - and that's what I'm trying to do - install the Developer
    Edition on WinXP pro - - (sp1 since our company hasn't sanctioned sp2 yet)

    > You can only run either SQL Server 2000 Personal or Developer Edition on
    > Windows XP Pro. SQL Server 2000 Standard or Enterprise will only run
    > on a Server version of Windows.
    >
    > Ref: http://www.microsoft.com/sql/evaluation/overview/default.asp
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "David Wier" wrote:
    >
    > | I'm getting an error installing SQL Server 2000 on my new WinXP
    computer - -
    > | "An error occurred while creating 1 or more registry entries.....Problem
    > | could be caused by a low registry quota"
    > |
    > | I've never heard of this one - - - any ideas?

SQL Server Microsoft Registry Windows XP