Low Registry Quota, Installing SQL Server 2K

Tags:
  • SQL Server
  • Microsoft
  • Registry
  • Windows XP
June 23, 2005 7:23:13 PM

I'm getting an error installing SQL Server 2000 on my new WinXP computer - -
"An error occurred while creating 1 or more registry entries.....Problem
could be caused by a low registry quota"

I've never heard of this one - - - any ideas?

More about : low registry quota installing sql server

Anonymous
June 23, 2005 7:38:06 PM

You can only run either SQL Server 2000 Personal or Developer Edition on
Windows XP Pro. SQL Server 2000 Standard or Enterprise will only run
on a Server version of Windows.

Ref: http://www.microsoft.com/sql/evaluation/overview/defaul...

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"David Wier" wrote:

| I'm getting an error installing SQL Server 2000 on my new WinXP computer - -
| "An error occurred while creating 1 or more registry entries.....Problem
| could be caused by a low registry quota"
|
| I've never heard of this one - - - any ideas?
Anonymous
June 24, 2005 2:46:03 AM

Yes, you're right - and that's what I'm trying to do - install the Developer
Edition on WinXP pro - - (sp1 since our company hasn't sanctioned sp2 yet)

!