Anyone know how!

Last response: in Home Theatre
February 28, 2005 1:56:17 PM

In almost a desperate attempt to use my JVC DVHS deck to actually record
HDTV signals (as it is meant to do) I bought a Samsung SIRT 165 teresstrial
receiver, which is the only HDTV receiver I could find with a firewire
output. And it works amazingly well with the JVC. Excellent job, no quality
loss. But, of course, I am limited to recording OTA transmissions, but
before I purchased the unit I saw that it had as well as a couple of S-video
inputs, a composite input! So this seemed to be the answer to my problems.
Simply connect from my HD sat. receiver to the 165 via composite cable, and
audio cables. In the words of Guiness ....brilliant! Only problem is.......I
can't find any way to access this input! And the manual throws no light on
it.

In the imortal words of H. Simpson....Dooooooooah!

Any ideas, or experiences out there????

More about : question

Anonymous
February 28, 2005 6:03:18 PM

"Roy Smith" <someone@microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In almost a desperate attempt to use my JVC DVHS deck to actually record
> HDTV signals (as it is meant to do) I bought a Samsung SIRT 165
teresstrial
> receiver, which is the only HDTV receiver I could find with a firewire
> output. And it works amazingly well with the JVC. Excellent job, no
quality
> loss. But, of course, I am limited to recording OTA transmissions, but
> before I purchased the unit I saw that it had as well as a couple of
S-video
> inputs, a composite input!

You won't get HD if you record from the S-video or Composite inputs. These
are for SD only.

> So this seemed to be the answer to my problems.
> Simply connect from my HD sat. receiver to the 165 via composite cable,
and
> audio cables. In the words of Guiness ....brilliant! Only problem
is.......I
> can't find any way to access this input! And the manual throws no light on
> it.

Does it have Component Video inputs? That would be the one to use if the sat
receiver doesn't do Firewire. Most have Component Video outputs.

Brad H
Anonymous
March 1, 2005 12:51:21 PM

Thanks Brad; agreed about composite inputs - but my qusetion (for those who
might have this equipment) was how the hell do I access the composite
inputs. (i.e. what channel - if they transfer to a channel designation! All
I can get right now is the scanned and memorized OTA HD channels. BTW amazed
that OTA signals support a programming grid. Cool!

news:D 007ur$6d2$1@news01.intel.com...