Local policy forbids remote logon

I now have a nice 802.11g wireless access point. I want to sit out on my porch and answer
email and browse newsgroups. But when I try to use remote desktop, I get a note that I am
unable to log on because local policy does not permit remote logons. Yet, as
administrator, I have indicated that I, as my normal login account, as my administrator
account, and as my restricted login account, am a member of the remote desktop users, and
that I allow remote connections to the machine. Unfortunately, like most of these
messages, it refers me to my "network administrator", which is ME, and I cannot find out
the answers, because every source of information also refers me to my network
administrator. Any clue as to why I can't use remote desktop? (Note that on another
machine which appears to be configured identically, I *can* use remote desktop!)
joe

Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
email: newcomer@flounder.com
Web: http://www.flounder.com
More about local policy forbids remote logon

    Hi Joe,

    As you are using WinXP Pro, check the group policy. Start/run gpedit.msc,
    expand:

    Local Computer Policy
    Computer Configuration
    Administrative Templates
    Windows Components
    Terminal Services

    Check the entry for allowing users to connect remotely.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    >I now have a nice 802.11g wireless access point. I want to sit out on my
    >porch and answer
    > email and browse newsgroups. But when I try to use remote desktop, I get a
    > note that I am
    > unable to log on because local policy does not permit remote logons. Yet,
    > as
    > administrator, I have indicated that I, as my normal login account, as my
    > administrator
    > account, and as my restricted login account, am a member of the remote
    > desktop users, and
    > that I allow remote connections to the machine. Unfortunately, like most
    > of these
    > messages, it refers me to my "network administrator", which is ME, and I
    > cannot find out
    > the answers, because every source of information also refers me to my
    > network
    > administrator. Any clue as to why I can't use remote desktop? (Note that
    > on another
    > machine which appears to be configured identically, I *can* use remote
    > desktop!)
    > joe
    >
    > Joseph M. Newcomer [MVP]
    > email: newcomer@flounder.com