New Home build gamer has noting on monitor!

turkeyman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007
I am building this computer from the following componets but I can't seem to get the vedio card to show anything on screen so I can install the OS etc.
Seagate 250 gig HD
2 Pioneer DVR's
Motherboard ASAS A8N-SLI SE Socket 939
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ socket 939 dual-core CPU
Ultra 600w Power supply
4 120 mm fans
Ultra X Wind Copper Fan 2200 rpm 478/KB up to 3.8
Vedio Crad is Sparlke Geforce 7300 GT 512 MB PCIe install in first
blue PCIe slot. Don't really want to buy another card so I'm just using one card not a dual card setup.
Floopy drive
U.S. Robotics 56K modem card
2 sticks of 1 gig pc2700/ddr 333MHz CL2.5
using the SVG port to connect a CRT monitor
I thought the card was bad but I replaced it for another and get the same screen. Motherborad lights up and fans come on but nothing of screen
I can't even get into bios. Help! TURKEYMAN

mike99

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
Which video connector have you used, motherboard or video card? Try the other one. If it's the onboard that's working, go into BIOS and disable it, then move cable to video card after shutbown.

Mike.

turkeyman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007
But it is not the board you listed in you responce see my post. Plus If I do not have a screen how does one enable or disable items in bios anyway.
COOP

Sundog

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2004
Last time I upgraded my ram nothing would come up on the monitor when I first booted up. Turns out the ram was almost in all the way, but not quite. It's probably not the issue but be sure everything is plugged in properly! Even though it's High Tech don't be afraid to break out the hammer! haha j/k

turkeyman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007
Mike99: I pluged the card into the motherboard but find no place to set up any other connections but do find 2 very small wire posts on the card. Wondering if that could be the key to the problem. I can't figuare out were this these wire posts connect to. Manuel is no help. I have nothing with a 2 wire clip on a DVD player/recorder or the power supply.,Any other ideas. I can't see the BIOS . I tried the delete key on boot to get to BIOS but with no screen, I'm at a loss as to how to proceed..,Coop

turkeyman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007
Last time I upgraded my ram nothing would come up on the monitor when I first booted up. Turns out the ram was almost in all the way, but not quite. It's probably not the issue but be sure everything is plugged in properly! Even though it's High Tech don't be afraid to break out the hammer! haha j/k
Check out what I sent to Mike99 too!,Turkeyman

betunn

Distinguished
Nov 18, 2006
I think it'd be easier if you:
shutdown pc,
remove your video card,
plug the monitor to the onboard video,
start pc again.

You should be able to:
go into bios,
disable onboard,
then shutdown pc,
reinstall video card,
plug monitor to video card,
then tur pc on again.

Hope you make it work.

turkeyman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2007
I think it'd be easier if you:
shutdown pc,
remove your video card,
plug the monitor to the onboard video,
start pc again.

You should be able to:
go into bios,
disable onboard,
then shutdown pc,
reinstall video card,
plug monitor to video card,
then tur pc on again.

Hope you make it work.

This board has no onboard video! Turkeyman

mike99

Distinguished
Sep 9, 2006
Have you tried video card in BOTH slots :?: Can you test with another PSU, Ultra does not have a good name! Do you get POST complete 'beep'? Try removing EVERYTHING except CPU(and heatsink), should give Memory Error, usually continuous series of beeps. If not, is one of them 3.

Mike.

jcrews

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2007
Check the power supply voltage. If everything is seated/plugged in correctly, a PSU set to 220V will result in all rails being at about half voltage. The machine won't beep at all if this is the case. It will just sit there and run the fans.

Do you get a keyboard sign-on indication? This is caps/num/scroll lock lights momentarily flashing at full intensity.