Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Need driver for Mass Storage Controller (Sony Vio VGN-CR120E)...

Last response: in Windows Vista
July 9, 2010 10:14:56 PM

I reinstalled Vista Home Premium on my Sony Vio laptop, model VGN-CR120E and all the drivers were found except two. According to my pc's "Device Manager" the following devices have no drivers installed and Windows cannot find them:

1) "Mass Storage Controller" (no manufacturer listed)
2) Unknown Device (on Intel(R) ICH8M-E LPC Interface Controller)

I went directly to Sony's website and entered the laptop model # and a list of drivers came up. However, none to the drivers in the Sony list appears to be the ones I'm looking for. I emailed Sony several days ago but have not heard anything. Any ideas how I can find these two drivers? Sony has system specs for the MOBO on their site, however it's vague. Ie. does not have the brand name of motherboard, and I don't know how to figure this out without takeing the laptop apart.

My other question is, is the a good driver pack available for download somewhere (either free or for purchase) ?

Thanks!

Best solution

a b \ Driver
July 11, 2010 2:37:51 AM

Hi.

Download from the manufacturer's web site the driver that says "Chipset" and install it.
July 13, 2010 4:50:33 AM

Problem is solved now. It was a challenge because I did not see anything called "chipset" on Sony's website. A friend advised me to look for something called "Firmware Extension Parser". I did sucessfully find this driver just as he called it. It was under the "System Components" section.

Regarding the driver for Mass Storage Controller" - this turned out to be the Flashcard Reader/Writer driver. I found this driver and all of the other's on Sony's website once I figured out they were talking about the Flashcard Reader.

Thanks for your reply.
Score
Related resources
July 13, 2010 4:51:02 AM

Best answer selected by ckmckee.
Score
a b \ Driver
July 13, 2010 6:54:36 PM

Any time, that's why we are here.
Score
a b \ Driver
February 2, 2012 12:06:56 AM