Your question

Blue screen on windows xp

Tags:
  • Windows XP
  • Blue Screen
  • Computers
Last response: in Windows XP
December 8, 2009 1:31:27 PM

Basically my 8400 crashed and now when ever i try to get into the computer every option i take has the same blue screen. If i use safe mode or restart from last good blah blah blah blah, boot with cd or from sata drive ''all roads lead to Blue Screen''.
This one is really frustating because ive tried changing all sorts of options when computer initially starts but i get no where. The message is along the lines of Error has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to pc. Check adequate disk space, If a driver is identified in the stop message disable the driver (where??)or try changing video adaptor. It also mentions about disabling memory in the Bios. Stop message reads 0x0000007e (0xc000000s, 0xf74067co, 0xf789e62c, 0xf789e228) below it says atapi.sys - address F74D67CO base at F7400000, datestamp 4802539d. If anyone can help me with this i would be much appreciated. Thanks Gareth

More about : blue screen windows

December 8, 2009 3:59:04 PM

I would suggest trying 1 stick of RAM at a time.

If that doesn't work, boot off the OS disc and do a windows repair.
December 8, 2009 6:14:46 PM

I agree with the memory testing route, if you have another PC, download and burn a copy of Memtest. Run that and see if any of the RAM (test each one separately) causes errors. If any do, try running the system without.
!