foz

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2005
I have had my DS3 OCed to 2.8ghz for the last 2 months until a couple days ago I turned tried to turn it on and it rebooted back to the default 1.8ghz. I have tried to reoverclock it(also with lower OCs), but it gets to the POST screen then reboots back to default clocks. I have all the voltages set to wusy's guide. I ran memtest-it passes. I updated the bios from f9 to f12(after the problem started). The temps are all ok-idle~25C.~. The system will boot fine at the stock settings. I have had no hardware changes in the last month. I tried setting the pci express at 102mhz as recommended by a few post. Do you guys have any other ideas?

Daba

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2007
I've had a similar problem with my GB P35-DS4. You probably left a USB drive connected and "Legacy USB device detect" [Enabled] in your BIOS.
Just set it as [Disabled]. :wink:

Daba

foz

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2005
Thanks for the reply, I also posted this question in the CPU section and some one gave me advice to unplug USB drives as a solution and it worked but I didnt know why- now I know.Thanks, and welcome to the forum!

Daba

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2007
Thanks.
Unfortunately, this morning, my BIOS is defaulted again!!?? :(
I did mess around with the voltages so may be BIOS recovery is sensing something... I will investigate this further and post the results (not before 20.7.2007).
MB is GA-P35-DS4 rev 1.0 with F4 BIOS
CPU e6600@3GHz
RAM SuperTalent PC-6400 4-4-3-8

I did noticed one wierd thing. When my CPU is not OC-ed and System voltages are on Auto, CPU-Z and EasyTune5 says my CPU voltage is 1,44V! 8O

Orbixx

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
Your system voltage probably varies due to the board's default settings to raise and lower your CPU clock depending upon the CPU's demands. EIST I think it's called.

You might also have that feature enabled that overclocks automatically dependant upon hardware demands.

Monitor the clock speed with CPU-Z.