Limited connectivity. Is this a problem with onboard LAN?

sm1074

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2007
I have a Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R MB, Xeon 3110 3.0 Ghz CPU, G. Skill 4GB (2x2GB) 1000mhz DDR2 (PC2-8000), and BFG 8800 GTS 512MB video card. I installed XP Pro SP2 and download all current drivers for motherboard for XP...the onboard network card is Realtek 8111B...I am getting "limited connectivity or no connection" every time...I reinstalled XP, uninstalled/reinstalled Realtek drivers, used older Realtek driver, reset and turned off router. I finally got the ability to connect once I changed the link speed to 10Mbps from auto negotiate...I can't connect at all at 100Mbps or at the auto negotiation even though my router supports this. This is a new build from an old Intel P4 system with a gigabyte MB...i never had any problems with LAN connection with that system. Please help.

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
Couldn't hurt, my mobo was doing something similar. Sometimes you'd be online and it would just drop your connection. Put in a PCI network card, and no problems. Actually, only problem is a lot of times it will say local access only, but still works, so maybe a bug. But usually stay connected and don't have the issues now.

TRENDING THREADS