Sign in with
Your question

Gaming with Flat Panels

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
August 19, 2002 10:23:28 PM

I am looking into purchasing a flat panel to save desk space at school. I am also an avid gamer
(purchasing Radeomn 9700). Does anyone have any suggestions as to which flat panels I should be looking at that can perform well under these conditions. Thanks ahead of time.

More about : gaming flat panels

Related resources
August 22, 2002 3:35:09 AM

Hi, flamethrower

What happened to FFD? i haven't seen any for sale.
August 22, 2002 3:54:53 AM

The release dates were pushed back, but actually this september an FFD LCD is released, and if it's good, you can bet many other companies will begin using it too. Just wait a little longer, you'll be happy w/ ur lcd cause gaming won't cause ghosting.

My frog asked me for a straw...dunno what happened his ass all over the place :eek: 
August 22, 2002 4:19:30 AM

thanksf or the fast reply... i Was going to settle on 170T samsung until i saw your article.. then i can barely find any information on this technology. Only a few articles that are a year old and nothing on the newsgroups. But I hope it comes out soon because I need an LCD by december because Star wars galaxies is commin out and I wan't an LCD by then. Hope its not to expensive :) 
August 22, 2002 2:40:15 PM

Well the one coming out in september is gonna be around $700.

My frog asked me for a straw...dunno what happened his ass all over the place :eek: 
August 22, 2002 3:02:50 PM

700 is good, thats almost exactly what i was planning to spend with 170T samsung. I even did search on mitsubishiwebsite and didnt find FFD though.
August 27, 2002 6:33:10 PM

My first LCD was a plain wrap brand. I played Decent3 on it and can definately say I cannot recall being bothered by or noticing ghosts. Unfortunately I broke it and am saving for a newer one. LCDs are fine for gaming.
!